Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just stopped a guy from stealing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I can see why he thought you were LE of some sort.

Dextrose is just sugar more or less. But after an intense workout the insulin spike along with the whey will help refuel your muscles. This is assuming you are otherwise healthy and non diabetic of course.

Insulin is a scavenger hormone and will increase uptake of the nutrients that your body / muscles need.

Make sure you are taking in a good bit of whole food as well.

I'm 6'0 and about 180 but i'm pretty lean and solid. I've been as high as 200 but was carrying some extra baggage around. Right now i'm working on getting my "strength" up and my weight is pretty much staying even. I'd like to eventually work my way up to 195-200 in the 8-9% bf range which would be easy and comfortable to maintain.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Yeah I can see why he thought you were LE of some sort.

Dextrose is just sugar more or less. But after an intense workout the insulin spike along with the whey will help refuel your muscles. This is assuming you are otherwise healthy and non diabetic of course.

Insulin is a scavenger hormone and will increase uptake of the nutrients that your body / muscles need.

Make sure you are taking in a good bit of whole food as well.

I'm 6'0 and about 180 but i'm pretty lean and solid. I've been as high as 200 but was carrying some extra baggage around. Right now i'm working on getting my "strength" up and my weight is pretty much staying even. I'd like to eventually work my way up to 195-200 in the 8-9% bf range which would be easy and comfortable to maintain.
Ya i did a quick google of what it was and sounds pretty good. I can use a good spike. Im dead tired all day and all night.

I feel ya on the 8-9% range. I was right at about 8% and 160 my senior year and it was nice. Then i got married, and had to work 50hr weeks and all that BS. Wish i would have stayed ontop of it just a little bit so it wasnt so hard to jump back. Owell lesson learned.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM

fenatic for president.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

He he. It's amazing how a public service achievement thread has turned into a dietary supplement and fancy dress based discussion.
Totally wicked!
For the record, slim people can run much faster than the beefier examples when it comes to getting away in a hurry. You ever seen a weight lifter trying to sprint?

Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
He he. It's amazing how a public service achievement thread has turned into a dietary supplement and fancy dress based discussion.
Totally wicked!
For the record, slim people can run much faster than the beefier examples when it comes to getting away in a hurry. You ever seen a weight lifter trying to sprint?
You do know Warren Sapp ran a 4.69 40 right?

Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

No? WTFIWS

Old 10-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
Totally wicked!

You know nate cant come into a thread without changing the topic. haha

Old 10-18-2011, 07:23 PM
MZ5

Good-onya, CBRfenatic!

Be awfully careful trying to intentionally spike insulin levels. There is reason to believe that's what leads to insulin resistance, aka Type II diabetes.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
You know nate cant come into a thread without changing the topic. haha
Whatever bro! - its off topic

Originally Posted by MZ5
Good-onya, CBRfenatic!

Be awfully careful trying to intentionally spike insulin levels. There is reason to believe that's what leads to insulin resistance, aka Type II diabetes.
Any carbohydrate affects your insulin levels. Dextrose in the proper dosage after a workout will not adversely affect an otherwise healthy human being (which I also mentioned in my original post).

Sometimes you want a quicker acting carbohydrate.

Not like i'm recommending injecting actual insulin to really get that spike!

Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM

He's in the Air Farce..... That's a -1,000 even with the good deeds... Do some Navy PT and you will gain some weight!!!

Quick Reply: Just stopped a guy from stealing