Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just sold my baby...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 AM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had to sell my cars last year and i still miss them today but on the other hand i got violet (my f3) this year and she occupies most of my time so its not bad.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM

F NO. My first bike was my moms ***** 50cc scooter, so it wasnt even mine. 2nd bike was a POS beat to hell GS500 beater that taught me how to work on bikes. Now I have my cbr, we will see how it goes... I am tired of wrenching instead of riding though).;

Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM

When I sold my F4i I kept having second thoughts. I just couldn't imagine someone else riding MY bike. I finally gave in and sold her but watching the guy ride away on her was heartwrenching. She did her part for me though I'll never forget her!!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

in my case, the insurance company bought her. made a decent profit, which helped dull the pain.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
in my case, the insurance company bought her. made a decent profit, which helped dull the pain.
How did that transpire?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
How did that transpire?
there's a thread around here somewhere... ah.
looking back now, it's just one of those surreal days with funny stories and happy endings. the guy that pulled out in front of me was a 16-yo Korean kid that spoke no English. [insert: translation from the police report. "i look left, he not there. i look right, he not there. i pull out, he there."] I got my phone out to call family, but I couldn't talk (could hardly breathe with broken ribs) so I just held the phone out and he took it. I could hear my ex on the other end of the line trying to get information, but all the guy was doing was making stammering noises which only freaked her out more. i finally got the phone back and managed enough air to yell out my location. people have horror stories about going to the ER, but I swear mine was more like a spa treatment. first class service; by providence there was a surgeon and vacant OR on standby, I had an empty stomach, and went straight into surgery. All that glosses over the pain and therapy of course, but who remembers that stuff...? even got paid to miss a month of work

Old 05-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
there's a thread around here somewhere... ah.
looking back now, it's just one of those surreal days with funny stories and happy endings. the guy that pulled out in front of me was a 16-yo Korean kid that spoke no English. [insert: translation from the police report. "i look left, he not there. i look right, he not there. i pull out, he there."] I got my phone out to call family, but I couldn't talk (could hardly breathe with broken ribs) so I just held the phone out and he took it. I could hear my ex on the other end of the line trying to get information, but all the guy was doing was making stammering noises which only freaked her out more. i finally got the phone back and managed enough air to yell out my location. people have horror stories about going to the ER, but I swear mine was more like a spa treatment. first class service; by providence there was a surgeon and vacant OR on standby, I had an empty stomach, and went straight into surgery. All that glosses over the pain and therapy of course, but who remembers that stuff...? even got paid to miss a month of work
lol stupid korean kid.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I sold my first sport bike (Isabelle for all her fans out there) to a local guy, and another member on the forum DammitMike so it was sad, but nice to see she's taken care of and still around.
I sold her to a local guy that I met at a gas station. I'm in a small town and know people who knew him, etc. I don't have a doubt that he'll take decent care of it. And he asked if we'd ever want to ride so my boyfriend and I told him to call anytime to ride together. I'm sure I'll see it around at some point, I just hope I have another one before I ever see it.

The hard part now really is trying to figure out what I'm looking for next, because I'm not exactly sure what I want. How did you guys pick your bike?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM

The first thing I ever had to get rid of was my 1990 toyota pickup. I didn't even have the option to buy it. My dad went to look at it one day while I was at work. He came home with the title already transferred to his name. I still had to pay for it. Sure, it was a wise investment, but being 16 it was the most embarrassing vehicle possible. I had it for a year and a half. During the last six months of owning it I bought an f250 out of desperation for something with bawlz. Well THAT was a mistake. huge money pit. So I sold the toyota and ford at the same time. I was glad to see the ford go, pos. I didn't want to see the toy go because it only had 62k miles, and it was the 22r engine (powerless as shat but retarded reliable). I know the guy that bought it is still driving it and laughing everyday at how good of a deal he got. My next (and current) vehicle was a 2000 dodge ram. Super clean, drove it 13 hours home from atlanta. I love it, but 10 mpg along with a college budget isn't working out. I'm gonna try to sell it this summer, THAT will kill me. I have so much work into it, whoever gets it I will despise hahah

I've only had to get rid of one bike, my 2007 drz400sm. It was a trade for my 01 f4i. I was super happy to get the cbr but I knew I would miss some aspects of the sm. I'm trying to sell the 03 xr100 this summer, which was my first bike ever. That might hurt, but it just sits in the garage now waiting for someone else to learn to ride. I don't want to see it get abused though.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My F4 is my first bike and I'm not going to sell her ever.

I've put plenty of stuff on her (alarm, Scottoiler, heated grips, windscreen iPhone mount for GPS and all the usual stuff like a slip on etc.) I also made it look exactly how I want it to look (got decals made, painted it black). I won't get rich selling her, so I simply won't.

I will eventually buy another bike (newer) but will always keep my F4 just because I love her so much!

Quick Reply: Just sold my baby...