Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just sold my baby...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just sold my baby...

Anyone else get all sentimental about selling their first bike?

I'm excited to go new bike shopping, but sad at the same time. I couldn't watch him ride away on it.

Now, what to buy next...

Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 PM

i get sad when my car has to go to the shop, so it broke my heart when my bike went away.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 PM

Do I remember seeing that you have a zx6r? That's what I'm kinda looking at, how do you like it?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by thatsarachik
Do I remember seeing that you have a zx6r? That's what I'm kinda looking at, how do you like it?
i had a 1997 CBR F3 before so naturally i enjoy my ninja very much. a big upgrade for me. what are you coming from?

ever since the 05 six 3 six Ninjas came out, i've always wanted one for their extra ponies and fairing design. handling is great, the weight is great, power is a given, i like the aggressive riding position, oh and did i mention it looks bad ***?

go take one for a test drive to be sure. whatever you choose, bring back pics!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:00 AM

Definitely looks bad ***.

I had a 98 f3 so anything is a big upgrade for me, too. I really like the looks of the 2008 special edition with the red wheels (or any other 05 and up)... the problem will be finding one local. I'm going to have to find somewhere that will let me test ride just about everything.

I'm not sure what I'll end up with yet, but hopefully I'll have pics of something new very soon.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 AM

lol we pretty much had the same cbr. mine was just a year older. oh man, you are gonna love it. but still i miss my F3.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:55 AM

I miss practically every bike or car that I've ever had, for one reason or another.
I guess that everybody who loves their toys misses them when they're gone...

Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM

I don't know why, but ever time I have ever sold anything I have been a little sad. Even when we sold plain jane stuff we have had such as my wife's civic. Every cars has some history for each person and it's always sad.

When I bought my RX-7 I bought it from an older couple who were only going to sell it if I wanted it - the woman BALLED uncontrollably when she realized i was actually going to take it. Funny thing was I ran across her phone number about 5 years later and called her just to tell her that it was still in a heated/cooled garage under cover and that I had only put about 1000 miles on it. She was thrilled.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1.

I was bummed when I sold my old bike, even though it seemed to have a never ending stream of little problems. Watching someone else ride off on her was kind of surreal.

My F4i made up for it though. It was a huge upgrade, and I'm sure your next bike will help you too. I sold mine to someone local, so I can go out on rides and see her every now and again. She got fixed up quite a lot, but I've moved on (lol).

Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 AM

I sold my first sport bike (Isabelle for all her fans out there) to a local guy, and another member on the forum DammitMike so it was sad, but nice to see she's taken care of and still around.

Quick Reply: Just sold my baby...