Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah.... im still trying to figure out how to do a front wheel burnout..........<----back to the drawing board. I was always told like a few other members that the tire has a special coating on em and thats why i chose the method i did. As far as the helmet if your like me with a new helmet then ur always concerned about droppin it. what happens when u try to not do somethin????? u end up doing it anyways.....when u stop caring u have no issues.....had a buddy that would get over that with a new helmet by holding it at hip level and dropping it......

Old 08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
A friend of mine bought an 08 gsxr 600 and the rear tire had a 6 inch flat spot Worst I have ever seen.
when I bought my bike it had a shinko on the rear that had almost full tread depth on the sides and a 4" bald strip down the middle.

the front tire was shaped like a triangle almost. No clue how the bike got that way, unless the PO was doing nothing but burnouts with that rear.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Yeah.... im still trying to figure out how to do a front wheel burnout..........<----back to the drawing board. I was always told like a few other members that the tire has a special coating on em and thats why i chose the method i did. As far as the helmet if your like me with a new helmet then ur always concerned about droppin it. what happens when u try to not do somethin????? u end up doing it anyways.....when u stop caring u have no issues.....had a buddy that would get over that with a new helmet by holding it at hip level and dropping it......

Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Yea my helmet sucks. Its just a cheap HJC helmet. It gets the job done, but besides that its just a plain looking helmet and idk its wierd when im going fast it pushes into my face real close. I feel like helmets like Arai for example its allready really close to your face and they fit better. But all those helmets cost 200 plus for a nice one this one cost sixty.

And if anyone is interested in the Continental Force tire, let me tell you its a really nice tire and you wont go wrong if you buy it. It has alot of tread once this bad boy gets hot it grips really nice and its really stable too in a straight line. The tread is deep on it too. I really like this tire.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Helmets are amazing things. Especially the shock absorbant material behind the shell. It does a great job by compressing and absorbing a ton of impact.

1 problem. It's good for ONE hard drop. After that the shock absorbant material inside the helmet will no longer work as designed. Just because it looks ok, doesn't mean it is.

The helmet wasn't that expensive at $60. Get a new one dude. A good rule of thumb to remember. Helmets are like tissues. Use it once and get a new one.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Helmets are amazing things. Especially the shock absorbant material behind the shell. It does a great job by compressing and absorbing a ton of impact.

1 problem. It's good for ONE hard drop. After that the shock absorbant material inside the helmet will no longer work as designed. Just because it looks ok, doesn't mean it is.

The helmet wasn't that expensive at $60. Get a new one dude. A good rule of thumb to remember. Helmets are like tissues. Use it once and get a new one.

Yea but the thing is Im broke too!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 PM

i heard someones having a sale on shoei rf1000's for 199, thats pretty damn good for what your getting

and i use tissues twice jk

Old 08-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Hi my fellow biker friends.
Yesterday was my first crash.... not good, not good at all.
All happened in the city, un daytime traffic. Too much on the brakes, and i suddenly realized that im sliding on tarmac, looking at my bike as it flew in the bus, and ricochete from the bus in parked car. i stopped right at the car, thanks god didnt hit it.
qonsequences- road rash and badly broken right foot toe.
Well, now im sitting home for a month, all places hurt, i cant even go to kitchen normally.
fck.
what i learned? EQUIPMENT!!! if i hadnt have boots, kneeguards and back armor...well, it wouldnt be so good.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gacho
Hi my fellow biker friends.
Yesterday was my first crash.... not good, not good at all.
All happened in the city, un daytime traffic. Too much on the brakes, and i suddenly realized that im sliding on tarmac, looking at my bike as it flew in the bus, and ricochete from the bus in parked car. i stopped right at the car, thanks god didnt hit it.
qonsequences- road rash and badly broken right foot toe.
Well, now im sitting home for a month, all places hurt, i cant even go to kitchen normally.
fck.
what i learned? EQUIPMENT!!! if i hadnt have boots, kneeguards and back armor...well, it wouldnt be so good.
Damn bro that sucks, yea definitely good thing you were wearing gear. Were you speeding?? What kind of bike is it totaled?

Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 AM

Speeding..well, i was driving as all bikers does, something above speed limit
But speed wasnt too big, cause i slided somwhere about 10-15 meters.
Bike was CBR F2. Damage- bent tank (good for stunting now ) ruined plastics, twisted tail, right front brake support torn off, maibe bent fork, and i think there will be some mmore when i inspect it properly.
Well- thats how streetfighters is made

Quick Reply: Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed