Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed

RANTTT

SOO pissed at myself... Brand spankin new rear conti force tire, leave the dealers sandy parking lot too cocky, too much gas/bikes too powerful, freakin rear flew out, got thrown from the bike. landed on my bad shoulder, cut my hand open, and of course hit my head.....

I dont even wanna imagine what it would have been like if I wasnt wearing a helmet, gloves, or a jacket... I was going what? like five miles per hour and Im in pain? wtf. so pissed at myself right now it completely slipped my mind that you gotta break in the new tire, just bounced outa there, slid right out on me. soo stupid.
bike has a lil cosmetic damage if it wasnt for the sliders the fairings woulda been fd

RANT OVER pce

Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Glad you and the bike are ok!

Sounds to me like it was the sand that did you in and not the new tire though.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 AM

did you learn something son?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Glad you and the bike are ok!

Sounds to me like it was the sand that did you in and not the new tire though.

dude im not okay im so pissed!!! haha,, i mean it was completely avoidable im just too cocky and stupid, and yea, after it happened, the dude who just put the tire on said the same thing he said it was prob the sand... idk i just get like sooooo pissed at myself over the littlest ****, cuz my bike had almost no cosmetic damage and now it has moree, and when i left i wasnt in pain and now i am!!!! haha

but I know it could have been worse it just sucks cuz it was avoidable you know? i just cant even imagine what it would be like crashing at sixty

Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Piece of future advice, do you a nice rollin burnout before leaving the dealership. Who cares if you smoke the place out.......EVERY SINGLE TIRE that I have put on has received this special attention. That will eliminate the need for "break in". Ive had probably 2 or 3 of the Continental Force's (for mileage purposes, takes a little longer to get sticky) and probably 2 or 3 of the Continental Attack's (gets sticky pretty damn quick, but doesnt hold up to mileage or rollin burnouts like the Force).

Now for those who oppose my method of break in.........and I know you are all coming to give me some bullsh!t speech about how my method is bullsh!t.....feel free....

Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Piece of future advice, do you a nice rollin burnout before leaving the dealership. Who cares if you smoke the place out.......EVERY SINGLE TIRE that I have put on has received this special attention. That will eliminate the need for "break in". Ive had probably 2 or 3 of the Continental Force's (for mileage purposes, takes a little longer to get sticky) and probably 2 or 3 of the Continental Attack's (gets sticky pretty damn quick, but doesnt hold up to mileage or rollin burnouts like the Force).

Now for those who oppose my method of break in.........and I know you are all coming to give me some bullsh!t speech about how my method is bullsh!t.....feel free....
Your method is fine.

Tires "break in" when you get them up to operating temperature. Riding around the street (which takes a while to get to temp), riding around the track a few laps, using warmers, or doing a burnout.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM

No thats a really good method.
I was thinking about doing that butt,,, just didnt... and before I knew it, i was flying thru the air.... What really sucks about this whole tire issue is, I got a new tire, because my NEW Dunlop installed last week (500 miles later) got a nail in it! Really unfortunate this bike is killing me $ wise...

But so far I like this tire alot, I can really feel it grip compared to the Dunlop sportmax q2

Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by halffast1g
did you learn something son?
I mean, this isnt the first time I have crashed on a bike...

But what I learned since I actually got thrown and hurt this time from crashing, is the importance of gear... I mean, I always wear a helmet and gloves, but not always a jacket. If I wasnt wearing it I feel like i would have re tore the tendon in my 'bad' shoulder...

And I learned I want better gloves that go past my wrist...
And, how awesome frame sliders are lol

Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Well I do kind of oppose your method of break in, but only because the logic is a little flawed... there is no break in for a tire. There's not some slippery sheen finish on the tire that needs to be worn off first. They are either warm enough to stick or they're not. (And honestly, most street tires are warm enough to stick well almost immediately. They're designed to deal with you riding in the rain afterall.)

For your method to be effective, you'd need to do a rolling burnout every single time you got on the bike to get the tire up to temp.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Better to learn that at slow speeds Glad you're ok though! For the most part lol

Quick Reply: Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed