Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:28 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nooo you guys dont understand,, trust me I KNOW new tires you have to break in and they have that coating on them that makes em slippery, as mentioned in the op,, i just wanted to get the f outa there and ride, the 'new tire slippery' thing completleyyy slipped my mind all I wanted to do was just ride.

And to Mtemple yea I wanted to plug it, until I called a local custom bike shop builder of 100,000 thousand dollar bikes called Ted Tine Motorsports, called him to ask what he thought and he said 'even I wouldnt plug my own moto tire'.... and I went on google and read about plugging motorcycle tires and alot of people were saying no question about it, replace the tire...

Anyways, thanks for understanding everyone

Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 PM

See this: How to Properly Warm Up Your Tires

There is no "slippery coating" on the traction surface. A new tire needs to be heated up, that's all. I routinely take a brand new tire, put it on warmers, and then take it onto the track and immediately drag knee with it. Think about this...if there was a "slippery" coating, how would you ever get it off the sides?

Last edited by randyjoy; 07-31-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just read your op, glad to see you take full responsibility for being stupid lol, dont see that often, most want to blame the bike, the tires, sand, the sun n moon wasnt aligned right etc etc etc.

And I have rode 8k on a tire with a plug in it with not so much as a leak

Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 PM

yep, as said, there are no releases agents used. A long, long time ago when molds were not able to be made as smooth as they are now, release agents were used so the tires would release from the mold easier. With modern technology, they are no longer used.

Honestly though. I think most people are thrown off from new tires from their profile as well. People get used to a flat spot on their tire with a larger contact patch that happens when tires wear. New tires, there is no flat spot, and the bike can tilt to the side much easier. In fact, I bet most people are tilted without even knowing it, grab a lot of gas on a cold tire with the bike slightly tilted.... its going to slide. After a hundred miles or so, your mind/body become use to the new tires and you are better able to ride the bike with the new, more unstabe tires.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
June 2011 ROTM

A friend of mine bought an 08 gsxr 600 and the rear tire had a 6 inch flat spot Worst I have ever seen.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM

honestly though, what fawking motorcycle dealership, or mechanic shop, knowingly has sand in there fawking parking lot? they know riders are coming and going all the time.

sounds to me like you need 2 talk 2 a manager, not for money back, just to keep them informed that they need to sweep up there place for the safety of the riders. i hope one of the mechanics or the owner of the place takes a spill.

come on, sand? really? clean up the fawking lot.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
honestly though, what fawking motorcycle dealership, or mechanic shop, knowingly has sand in there fawking parking lot? they know riders are coming and going all the time.

sounds to me like you need 2 talk 2 a manager, not for money back, just to keep them informed that they need to sweep up there place for the safety of the riders. i hope one of the mechanics or the owner of the place takes a spill.

come on, sand? really? clean up the fawking lot.
That reminded me, the local dealer here used to go out every morning and sweep their lot with a push broom. Rural area, lots of rock trucks, lots of sand and dust, but his lot was always clean.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:22 AM

glad your okay and the beautiful bike is not hurt

Old 08-01-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc
landed on my bad shoulder, cut my hand open, and of course hit my head.....
Also worth mentioning, it's time to retire that helmet.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Nah the helmet is fine, I need a new tinted screen thats about it...

Okay some of you guys understand, while others dont and are starting to assume things about the parking lot, the shop/mechanics, and prob thinking this was my first time getting tires on a bike....
(its not a dealer I shouldnt have said that, its just a small shop that works on cars/bikes and i dont mind giving them business cuz they give good prices)

ANd yea of course it was my fault i gassed that **** this bike is scary as hell sometimes when you dont respect it

Anywaysss bouta go pick up my girl on the bike, she just bought herself a helmet! We are gonna hit the beach. ttyl dudes pceee

Quick Reply: Just crashed an hour ago, so pissed