Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ISO: Gym rats

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ISO: Gym rats

I want to gain weight. Thinkin about roids too

Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...products_id=18

Old 01-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Just watch your intake. You end up pissing most of it out and you get plenty of protein from the food you eat. I'm the all natural kinda guy.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Get some muscle milk. Its basically a protein supplement a little on the side of meal replacement too. Also get designer protein which is a straight up protein powder with no fat or anything. Mix 1 scoop of each together with water and drink it first thing in the morning and right after working out. More if you like. Eat a healthy diet too. Youll put on lean mass. No fat or anything.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:52 PM

UMMMMMMM Chocolate

Old 01-26-2008, 10:54 PM

Supplements do shaite if you dont do the work. So be carefull you dont start taking your vitamins too early. I would start by getting on an excercise rutine first 3 sets of ten with 5 pounds less than your capacity should do the trick for the first week, then up the weight in 5 pound increments.

Remember, to get results fast you have to stick to your rutine, and do it at least 3 times a week, not less.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 PM

I was thinking a moderate weight with moderate reps to build muscle. I dont want to get stronger I want to be bigger.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:04 AM

I prefer beer muscles to gym time.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 AM

Getting in the shape you want is all about nutrition, without the proper nutrition you're not going to get the results you want and roids isn't the way to do it. If you want to gain size you need to lift heavy eat alot of carbs and protein. Supplements are simply thats supplements, you still need to eat full meals 5-7 times a day. If you really want to increase your testosterone get 17-winnie D, I think thats what its called but that stuff works well.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Retired Moderator

You have to eat alot of food. If you workout several times a week you can burn 3000 calories a day just to keep your motor running. That means you need to take in more if you want to bulk up. Make sure you are eating good food. Protein is good, carbs are good, and you need fat, too. Good fats like from avacados, nuts, and fish. Something like 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats. Keep a journal and eat 5-7 times a day. Meal replacements are good. A protein shake and a meal replacement bar will help for two of your meals, but it is expensive. Also, DO NOT OVERWORK YOUR MUSCLES. They get bigger when you rest them. Work out one body part each day. Three sets of three excercises for 6-8 reps per muscle group(to failure) is good for bulk. Use as heavy of weights as you can stand, but make sure to do good reps. For example, if you are bench pressing and your *** comes off of that bench...you are using too much weight. Bad form is a waste of time. Don't have an ego in the gym. Do what is good for you and don't worry about what the other rats are putting up. Eat well, lift well, breathe properly,and be patient. Also, keep your workouts short with maybe a minute of rest in between reps. There is NO reason to spend hours at the gym every day. Don't talk to other people at the gym. It is not a place to socialize and sit on a machine that you are not using if you are serious. Just put on your headphones and get lost in the rush. Write down your goals on a calendar to make sure you are making progress. You can get as dedicated as you want. It is a great discipline. I need to get back to the gym for my own personal sanity...

P.S. I almost forgot...you have to get your rest. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, and take time off every week. Eat, eat, eat. NEVER miss a meal. It is better to skip a day at the gym than to miss a meal.

Quick Reply: ISO: Gym rats