Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

iPod Shuffle resurrected!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Shuffle resurrected!!

I like to ride while listening to my ipod shuffle. Its a 2 gen version, so it has the little clip on the side of it. I usually run the headphones cord down my shirt and clip the shuffle onto my left pants pocket. That way I can change songs and adjust volume and pause it at will (like if I need to hear something, or if the volume is too loud or quiet for the particular song, etc.)

So the other night, I was coming home from work on my bike, and it just started POURING rain!!! I had my shuffle in its usual place, on my pants pocket -- exposed to the elements! So, in a short time, it stopped playing music. I probably should have turned it off and put it away, but I didn't really think about it. When I got home, I checked it -- no signs of life. I was sad

So, I read up on the internet about people washing their ipod shuffles in their pants pockets. Many have gone through the washer and drier with no problem afterwards -- however, that's when they're turned off and no electricity is flowing through them. When mine died, it was on and playing music. So I thought all was lost.

But I let it sit out for a couple of days. I periodically tried turning it on and off, but no signs of life still. Then, today I put it on its charger and it started to charge! So I let it charge for a few hours, until the indicator said it was fully charged. I pulled it off, turned it on, and plugged in my headphones, and what do you know -- music!!

I'm pretty happy about that and I just wanted to share it

Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: iPod Shuffle resurrected!!

yep, ive run my shuffle through the washer and drier (the older shuffle)...damn thing is indestructible

Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: iPod Shuffle resurrected!!

glad to hear it. nice job.