F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Reminder: LOCK YOUR BIKES - Stolen CBR600F4i recovered, and resurrected

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Reminder: LOCK YOUR BIKES - Stolen CBR600F4i recovered, and resurrected

What's up CBR Forums:

LOCK YOUR BIKES UP THIS SEASON. SOMETIMES WE FORGET AND BECOME COMPLACENT, BUT CRIMINALS ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A SCORE. NOTHING IS 100%, BUT DO WHAT YOU CAN TO DETER THEM. JUST A REMINDER.

Finally good news. Well, I've had two CBR 600s stolen. My first, "Red" (2001 CBR600F4i), was stolen in July 2010 and the second, "Ace" (2010 Leyla CBR600RR) was stolen in July 2011. First message that we already know but never gets old....LOCK YOUR BIKES IN JULY. Be extra vigilant. Car/motorcycle theft is historically high in July. Be extra vigilant.

**I'M LOOKING FOR 2001 F4I PARTS..SEAT..FAIRINGS..PEGS..WIRES.**

Next, Just before "Ace" was stolen, the police found "Red" abandoned on the side of the road. Sadly, she was in bad shape; front brake lever/calipers missing, turn signals gone, side mirrors gone, seat gone, ECM tampered with, fork lock broken, ignition busted, etc. Well, I finally got around to fixing her up, and after one weekend we got her started. I chronicled the last sequence of events before she started (and the insanely dumb look when she first started up) in a YouTube video. I used iMovie on Macbook to make this vid in 30 minutes....so if you're making riding videos, it's a great tool.

Anyways, the message is clear: lock your bikes in July (Captain Obvious..) but even if your bike is stolen or recovered busted up...don't give up hope.

Unfortunately, some of the people who frequent these message boards know about theft or even participate in it. This is the forum to reach both targets: the fellow riders and the criminals (I still don't get how someone can take something and not think about the impact it has on the victims family, life, or money....cold-blooded...not gangsta).