Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance Providers !?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Providers !?

im in Minnesota and dont own any cars-
just the f4-
the place that did my prev . two bikes is out o biz now.
any one reccomend who to talk to?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

State Farm. They were less than 1/3 the cost of what Geico wanted and much less than any of the other companies I checked with. I noticed that many other bike owners had good things to say about them so State Farm got my business.

Here's a tip for even lower rates with State Farm. They look at your credit score when figuring your rates so if you have a spouse with a bad credit history leave that person out of the picture when inquiring about the rate. Mine went from $632/yr to $470/yr full coverage when I did it that way.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:27 PM

good tip-
thanks

Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 PM

What if u have NO tickets and your 23 yearsold??? What a ball park insurance cost

Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM

What have yall experienced with different ins. Companies? As fare as rates and polocies?
I'm goin to be insuring my F4i later this month and wanted to see your perseptions.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBR300
What if u have NO tickets and your 23 yearsold??? What a ball park insurance cost
When I was that young and in the Military it cost me $100 and month. Call up some insurance places and ask for some quotes, the quotes are free. If you go with a bigger company like Statefarm they work faster on the claim and also more likey not to drop your policy after you file a claim. IMO

Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 PM

I also have a F4 in MN, i shoped around quite a bit and found that Progressive was by far the cheapest. I also have my car insurance thru them so i guess i get a little discount of that, but i still found progressive to be the cheapest.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cannot recommend State Farm.

They are a "good neighbor" til you actually need them to fulfill the terms of your policy. Then, see how good of a neighbor they really are.

Check w/ GEICO, PROGRESSIVE, or USAA.

There are many ways to get your rate down; military, govt employee, good driving record, full time student, etc etc etc. A good agent/co will search for every way possible to get you the best rate. They are not doing you a favor...they're doing you a service which you are paying for. Don't be afraid to ask for every discount possible...worst that they can say is that you're not eligible for specific types.

Good luck.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I cannot recommend State Farm.

They are a "good neighbor" til you actually need them to fulfill the terms of your policy. Then, see how good of a neighbor they really are.

Check w/ GEICO, PROGRESSIVE, or USAA.

Good luck.
I CAN recommend state farm although it has alot to do with your agent and the effort they put in for you.

Im 24 years old with no tickets and have been with state farm since i was 16. My full coverage on my F4 was $84.13/month and when i stopped riding and wanted to sale it i dropped to liabilty for a mere $16.87/month.

I have had one ticket although i dont know if it went against me or not, was a red light violation.

But just call around and get some quotes and see what kinda coverage diffrent people offer.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went with Progressive and liability for the year was like $250

Quick Reply: Insurance Providers !?