Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9-5=4rr
.... son of a fruckling ***** biatchin damn !!! ... I can't read this thread anymore ... it's making me sick that some of you are paying wayyyyyy less than half of what i pay on ONE bike for a whole YEAR of insurance !! .... I think i'm gonna be sick ....

as a matter of fact when I saw somebody paid like 3 or 4 DOLLARS a MONTH on their bike I think I threw up a lil in my mouth ... :\ ..... Louisiana, you freakin suck a **** .... you AND your horrible roads !! ... and STUPID cops !!!!! ...... AND HURRICANES !!!!!!!! ..... AND YOUR INSURANCE RATES !!! ...... URRGGHH!!! ....
post of the day right there, took that like a champ

Old 05-04-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
State farm,
They go by engine size only because I was going to get a Katana 750 because every other company classified it as a sport touring bike but state farm said it would be more to insure the Katana then it would the F4i.
I'm over 25 with a perfect driving record.
It was $121/month without my truck there and when I brought it there too it went to $71/month and the truck was $3 more a month, so I saved $47/month.

Thats crazy. In Canada the Minimum is $1 million Liability
state farm told me they wouldnt insure me unless i got my M =/

Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 PM

I got one quote when I first started that was $9,600 and they wanted 1st and last up front and the rest paid in 2 payments.

So $4800 up front then 30 days later $2400 then 30 more days and another $2400.

I told you do realize the bike is worth $3500?
so if I was to write the bike off and get a $5000 no insurance ticket after riding for 2 months I would have saved money lol.
LOL thats fking retarded i would have ask the guy who the fck does your marketing..

Old 05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCult
state farm told me they wouldnt insure me unless i got my M =/
They told me it doesnt make a difference if I had my M1 or 10 years experience with the MSF I would pay the same price.
But they are picky on who the insure, If you have a ticket or under 25 they most likely won't take you.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 PM

They told me it doesnt make a difference if I had my M1 or 10 years experience with the MSF I would pay the same price.
But they are picky on who the insure, If you have a ticket or under 25 they most likely won't take you.
sigh, thats me.. sucks being young

Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

ughh i wanna clean driving record.... still got a couple more years until that happens....

lotta canadians on this thread huh?

did you know canada has the same population as california?? lol random fact sry

Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9-5=4rr
.... son of a fruckling ***** biatchin damn !!! ... I can't read this thread anymore ... it's making me sick that some of you are paying wayyyyyy less than half of what i pay on ONE bike for a whole YEAR of insurance !! .... I think i'm gonna be sick ....

as a matter of fact when I saw somebody paid like 3 or 4 DOLLARS a MONTH on their bike I think I threw up a lil in my mouth ... :\ ..... Louisiana, you freakin suck a **** .... you AND your horrible roads !! ... and STUPID cops !!!!! ...... AND HURRICANES !!!!!!!! ..... AND YOUR INSURANCE RATES !!! ...... URRGGHH!!! ....
You're seeing some people's whole yer for Liability only on newer bikes that are paid for, so they can drop full coverage. You stated you have loans on yours so you have to carry the full coverage.

My $3.71/mo (got my bill in today, strangely enough) is for liability only.

But I too am in Louisiana, and the rates on all my vehicles are pretty low. I carry full coverage on my 11 year old truck, cause it come up to about $20 more a month to carry full coverage, and if I were to total it, $280 a year extra is worth me getting a check for whatever it's worth minus the deductible.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
August 2011 ROTM

State farm,
They go by engine size only
All other companies except state farm considered 600rr as super sportbike, thus the rate goes up higher.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
August 2011 ROTM

State farm, just like other companies, gives discount for taking MSF class. But that should not be the main criteria on insuring people.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
State farm, just like other companies, gives discount for taking MSF class. But that should not be the main criteria on insuring people.
Maybe I should take the MSF too - see how much my rates go down then. Hell they might end up paying me.

Quick Reply: Insurance