Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc

lotta canadians on this thread huh?

did you know canada has the same population as california?? lol random fact sry
haha learned something new

Old 05-04-2011, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheCult
post of the day right there, took that like a champ
Hahaha ... well I was honestly amazed at what some other ppl pay for similar sized bikes as mine .... It was just redonkulous ...

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
You're seeing some people's whole yer for Liability only on newer bikes that are paid for, so they can drop full coverage. You stated you have loans on yours so you have to carry the full coverage.

My $3.71/mo (got my bill in today, strangely enough) is for liability only.

But I too am in Louisiana, and the rates on all my vehicles are pretty low. I carry full coverage on my 11 year old truck, cause it come up to about $20 more a month to carry full coverage, and if I were to total it, $280 a year extra is worth me getting a check for whatever it's worth minus the deductible.

I know .... my premium still blows compared to everybody elses tho lmao ... My truck is only 70 a month for full coverage ...

Guess the insurance companies are gettin bailed out by ME! ... hahaha ...

Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey - I'm just glad there's another few forum members in the state - was beginning to think it was just CBRfenatic, BigBoi and me. Wherebouts are you?

Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 AM

Just south of Alexandria ... been goin a lil mad myself trying to find ppl to ride with .... that AIN'T on a damn harley :\ ... there's just not that many ppl around here to ride with and it freakin sucks ...

Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by 9-5=4rr
Just south of Alexandria ... been goin a lil mad myself trying to find ppl to ride with .... that AIN'T on a damn harley :\ ... there's just not that many ppl around here to ride with and it freakin sucks ...
Same here

Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
State farm, just like other companies, gives discount for taking MSF class. But that should not be the main criteria on insuring people.
When I got insurance with them with my M1 I asked what the discount was for taking the MSF and they told me nothing.
They said it doesnt matter if you walk in the door just written your M1 or if you had 10 years experience with your full M and the MSF you will still pay the same?

Maybe its the retarded Canadian Insurance companies.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 AM

HAS to be something weird about Canada with that ..... because the MSF course here really does lower your insurance about 5-10% (depending on how high your premium is) ...

Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Definitely weird... in Oregon, at least for my bike and myself, I get a 25% discount on insurance for taking the Team Oregon MSF course. But Oregon is requiring people take it to get your endorsement. They've been adding 10 years of age every 1 year as to who is required to take the course. By 2014, I think, everyone who doesn't already have one will have to take Team Oregon to get their endorsement regardless of age.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM

State Farm, Full Coverage, $500 deductible, $172/yr for a '93 600 F2. I was quoted in the $300/yr range for the same deal on a newer 1000cc class sportbike.

I have a clean driving record, I'm 42, have another vehicle, renter's insurance, and my bike is almost 20 years old.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
State farm, just like other companies, gives discount for taking MSF class. But that should not be the main criteria on insuring people.
No they don't, at least here in Missouri they don't. I have my bike insurance through State Farm and they said there's no discount for my having completed the basic MSF course. They were still the lowet rate of anyone else so I guess I won't complain.

Quick Reply: Insurance