Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

@$%*ing ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @$%*ing ticket!

Riding to a meeting about an hour away yesterday...left 2 hours before i had to be there because of traffic, etc. Get on this stretch and theres two cars in front of me going 30 MPH in a 50...and there was a break in front of them and I could see the cars in front were moving faster, so when the next broken line came up I zipped around them, and a few seconds later I see the blues...WTF!

Young cop comes up all huffed telling me I made a dangerous pass, claiming that I was going up a hill and around a corner...which I absolutley was not. I had a clear view over the cars in front of me and could completely see that there was no one coming in the other lane for at least 75 yards or more. So he gets my info and asks for the inspection sticker...which I dont have (inspection is such a joke in Maine--we can only ride 4 months out of the year for Christ's sake! No one i know gets their bikes inspected...). So this *** keeps me pulled over for half an hour (making me late for my meeting) and finally comes back and hands me a ticket...$135 for no inspection sticker and $165 for an "inappropriate pass". Im sending in the 135 and contesting the inappropriate pass, its such BS. I will go to the spot and take pictures..maybe make some diagrams for court..haha

Anyone fought tickets before? I dont want to go fight this and lose and end up paying double for court fees or some crap.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Default RE: @$%*ing ticket!

Don't know how well you'd do on your own. I would suggest that you lawyer-up.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
VP

well you should have had one ticket with two separate violations written on it so you won't be able to just pay the 135 and contest the 165... you'll have one court date for both violations which you will have to contest in at the same time... if you tell the judge you aren't arguing one he may be willing to work with you on the other

Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 PM

but on the back of the ticket it has a box for each violation, contested or not contested. Do I just send in the ticket with one marked contested and not pay anything?

and I would get a lawyer...but for $165 its probably not worth it

Old 08-15-2007, 10:00 PM

i would say unless you absolutely think that you can get the ticket dropped just pay it. go to the site take some pictures make your diagrams then look at them objectionally or have someone else look at them.... for $165 whichisnt all that bad,its not worth the inconvenience of taking off work to go to court when theres a possibity of walking out of there having to pay the 165 plus court fees

Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Wish i could help, i have 2 court dates coming up for pretty b.s. tickets myself. I didnt lawyer, i will post up if i get anything useful to pass along.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting a lawyer isn't always the answer.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 PM

they will not double your fine or anything if you lose, you have the right to contest it in a court,[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 PM

I have not had to contest a ticket myself , but aguy I ride with is a cop. He says to contest everything with or without a lawyer. If you present yourself well they almost always get lowered or quashed.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:09 AM

no court can make you pay more than the original bail amount.

Quick Reply: @$%*ing ticket!