Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Imaging the Tenth Dimension

Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Imaging the Tenth Dimension

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

no offense.. but a book on that? someone pull the trigger!! it was hard enough to watch a really boring version of back to the future! LAME
none taken! I'm just interested in knowing more about what we're doing here, that's all. Plus I'm trying to get some good readin in before it gets warm outside again and all my free time goes back to riding.

And honestly, isn't 4 dimensions enough?
I guess it depends on the person. For me, 11 is enough. For today at least.

This theory sort of answers a really intersting question:

If you cut me in half you get half a person.
If you cut that half in half, and so on, until you're looking at a single atom it gets interesting.
Cut an atom in half what do you get? Protons and electrons and neutrons.
Cut a proton in half and what do you get? Hmmm...
Then what happens when you cut that half in half?
And that half?
Where is the end?

If you think about the possibility of there being an infinite number of universes and an infinite number of possiblities, then you can kind of start to get into it.

I'm sorry if this is nerdy or boring to you guys, but I just wanted to show you guys something new. Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
RCR

I can't get past the third dimension AM I RETARDED?? But I do talk to myself in the future and answer back in the past. Does that make it the 5th or 6th dimension?? Never mind Im going back to retarded

Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

science say we evolved from monkeys too............

Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 PM

yea i watched up until the 4D and got impatient and then i skipped to the 10D and and after a few seconds of watching the vid i closed it out

Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 PM

I love it. I just wish I could more readily grasp mathematics. Theoretical physics and astro physics would be high on my list if I had even a chance of understanding the language.

What little I do know is that string theory postulates that the smallest element of composition (much smaller than even atomic nuclei) are little vibrating string-like things that together make up single atoms. And what I read about the actual size of the strings said that, if you could pretend that the world around us were the size of the entire known universe--all the galaxies, stars, planets, everything--then each string would be about the size of a tree here on earth.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Haha, and you find that less-likely than the, "divine" theory?

Laughable.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Food for thoght:

If the ninth dimension is all posible time lines avolving from all possible starting points similar to our big bang, wouldnt the 10th dimension be the equivalent of what most religions refer to as God? The entity that contains, and controls all existence of all posibilities??

I know its a verry limited vission of what God might be, but it also explains why the concept is sooo big that human mind can't grasp its concept.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Haha, and you find that less-likely than the, "divine" theory?

Laughable.
No, no, no...he's a playful god, not a figment of vengeful conservatives. It's they who also figmented that the earth just *poof* came into being--totally undermining billions of years of divinity's hard work. **** takes a long time to grow and change. Try setting up an aquarium in the church basement and see if it just *poof* takes care of itself. Egocentricity is man's greatest failure. Evolution and divinity are one and the same entity.

Not only did we come from monkeys, but those monkeys came from proto-bacteria. It's only in Oklahoma that evolution hit a few dead ends:

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

someone pull the trigger!! it was hard

And oreo, you've just discovered the truth of all things.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM

so, does that make me equal to God??? Or am I going to hell for eating on the fruit of understanding??

BTW i'm joking I can be a blasphemous SOB sometimes.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: oreo

Food for thoght:

If the ninth dimension is all posible time lines avolving from all possible starting points similar to our big bang, wouldnt the 10th dimension be the equivalent of what most religions refer to as God? The entity that contains, and controls all existence of all posibilities??

I know its a verry limited vission of what God might be, but it also explains why the concept is sooo big that human mind can't grasp its concept.
Good point.

I found the video to be very interesting. But then again, I'm always intrigued by things I don't know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Imaging the Tenth Dimension