Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm quitting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'

well, I used to play the trumpet before becoming a pro dancer, so my lung capacity was a little above normal. But you would be amazed at how many pro dancers have the unhealthyest habits... As for me, thankfully I was able to quit and stick with it, and you do feel a diference in stamina and endurance

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Banned
Default RE: I'm quitting...

I've smoked my last cigarette 20 times a day for the past month....

Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Tryin to quit also? I haven't had one since I had my "last" yesterday and thats the first time I've really decided that a cigarette will be designated my "last" I prettymuch really want one right now and it's only been a day. This IS gonna suck.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 AM

i wasnt planning on quitting but i had one yest when i left work and ran out n didnt feel like goin to get more last night and im thinkin about at least quiting during the week to start.... drinkin hurts me

but im here with ya man i want one bad right now n i dont think hearing all this stuff on here helps

Old 09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Default RE: I'

Good stuff here. Alternatives to actually smoking (Patch, Gum, Food, Physical Training, Behavior modification.) all have good success rates. Looking at cancer victims and tarry lungs should help, though gross. As addictions go, nicotine is the hardest, by virtue of the amount of times you can dose. I really wish you the best, and congratulate you on your decision ! Peace, G.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Tryin to quit also? I haven't had one since I had my "last" yesterday and thats the first time I've really decided that a cigarette will be designated my "last" I prettymuch really want one right now and it's only been a day. This IS gonna suck.
It's a half assed effort...I would like to quit and know I should, but I am not sure if I really want to. I can tell you this much...every single cigarette bothers me now.

I actually started dipping skoal for a few months and didn't smoke during that period, but my dentist told me last week that he would like to have a growth that's in the spot where I dip biopsied.Somebody telling me for the first time I might be causing myself cancer finally bad it real enough that I willnot touch that sh*t again. The scarringinside my lip went away several days after I quit dipping, but I took up smoking again...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Registered Users

i quit two months ago to the day today. I drank water...it goes in your hand and you put it in your mouth. i drank like 2 gallons a day the first week is the worst after that food starts tasting better, and you will start to smell stuff!

I live with three smokers who smoked inside when i quit. If your ready to stop and you really want to, its just a matter of not doing it. I took up juggling latley to keep my hands busy [&:]

My bike was stolen after 1 week of no smoking never wanted a cig as bad as the moment i went outside and it was gone but i managed to live through it with no camel's [8D]

Old 09-04-2008, 02:11 AM

Co signing with other posts. You have to want it bro. Quitting is not for the weak minded!!!! I just quit on 23 July, the day after my 30th Bday. No patch, no nothing. Just the want. I smoked for 15 years. I never wanted my kids to see me in a hospital bed, dying of lung cancer. One day at a time. I still have small urges now. First week is the worst. After that, it dies down. Im looking forward to feeling the difference. Im just happy I was able to do it. We are here for you bro.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 AM

anything... okay, so it will let me post.

So I've realized that quitting smoking isn't just a choice any more. I bought a pack at 2am and have already gone through 11 of em. I dunno what to do. I haven't slept in 3 days now and I just watched the sun rise a few minutes ago.. I don't know if I can tackle smoking while I am still having sleeping problems like this but at the same time I feel like smoking may be what is helping propagate them. I've lost a lot of my appetite lately also and haven't really been eating. I guess I gave quitting a good try but I just don't know if it's my time yet.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

I guess I gave quitting a good try but I just don't know if it's my time yet.
I hate to say it (not really) but that is a po0sie answer to simple weakness. If you want to quit then man up and fight it. I did it and I ain't no superman. 40 a day to zero baby. It's been almost 7 years and it's the best gift I could have ever given myself and every single person around me.