Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I want this one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want this one!!!

Just had to show u guys this orgasmic piece of honda machinery. best year and repsol edition black scheme. imma try to get this.

2006 HONDA CBR 1000 REPSOL EDITION PRICE REDUCTION!! SUPER LOW MILES

damn but ive only been on 600s and that was more than enough for me...bit wary about the 1k.

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 02-08-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you left I was on an F4i. Now I ride arguably the most powerful stock bike on the planet. And I've only lowsided once https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...wsided-136485/

More seriously, I remember saying I didn't see the need for something as powerful as a liter bike. I also said I'd own a s1000rr when I first saw it. So the move from a 600cc to a 1000cc was inevitable. It is an extremely demanding and intimidating jump... mentally. Physically the demands weren't all that big. The throttle needs a little more finesse. Your body positioning and weight distribution a bit smoother and sure. And of course getting used to slinging a different bike with a different geometry around.

But mentally... whoa. You'll think it's meaner, more dangerous and you have no place on a bike that much more powerful. You'll feel scared, intimidated and out of your league. Big question is: are you really out of your league?

Can you remind yourself regardless of whether it's a 250cc or a 1000cc your right hand controls the bike and the bike doesn't control you? Can you remember counter-steering turns the bike? Roll on / off the throttle instead of snapping it open / closed? Squeeze the brake instead of grabbing it?

Basically I'm just trying to remind you that how to ride doesn't change. The same skills you already know from riding a 600 will be used on a 1000. But the real question, the one you need to ask and answer yourself, can you remind yourself all that when you throw a leg over the bike? If you can, you'll learn the extra physical stuff cause we never stop learning.

If you can't, don't get near it.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that's a 2006 it is a fake Repsol. Honda only made the Repsol version in odd number model years.

That being the case, the asking price is a bit high. Brand new '08s were selling for slightly less than $7k at one time with zero miles from the dealer with full factory warranty.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Now I ride arguably the most powerful stock bike on the planet.
The 201 hp 2013 MV Agusta F4RR might have something to say about that, as well as the 200hp ZX-14R over the last several years.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
The 201 hp 2013 MV Agusta F4RR might have something to say about that, as well as the 200hp ZX-14R over the last several years.

I did say "arguably". Well this is about jpan and not Sersi. My advice is he needs to answer if he's mentally prepared for the jump to a liter. It's natural to be jittery about such a move if the person has any sense. The physical aspects are minor.

Oh and the F4rr didn't have much to say about it

167.2 hp on the dyno versus 177.5 for the HP4 (which matches the 177.8 Sersi dynoed) in stock form

Old 02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

The 2006 F4 CC and the 2008 F4 RR312 ! lol indeed do tend to add the "arguably"
part to that discussion alright along with of course that beast of a bike the ZX - 14

Old 02-09-2014, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
When you left I was on an F4i. Now I ride arguably the most powerful stock bike on the planet. And I've only lowsided once https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...wsided-136485/

More seriously, I remember saying I didn't see the need for something as powerful as a liter bike. I also said I'd own a s1000rr when I first saw it. So the move from a 600cc to a 1000cc was inevitable. It is an extremely demanding and intimidating jump... mentally. Physically the demands weren't all that big. The throttle needs a little more finesse. Your body positioning and weight distribution a bit smoother and sure. And of course getting used to slinging a different bike with a different geometry around.

But mentally... whoa. You'll think it's meaner, more dangerous and you have no place on a bike that much more powerful. You'll feel scared, intimidated and out of your league. Big question is: are you really out of your league?

Can you remind yourself regardless of whether it's a 250cc or a 1000cc your right hand controls the bike and the bike doesn't control you? Can you remember counter-steering turns the bike? Roll on / off the throttle instead of snapping it open / closed? Squeeze the brake instead of grabbing it?

Basically I'm just trying to remind you that how to ride doesn't change. The same skills you already know from riding a 600 will be used on a 1000. But the real question, the one you need to ask and answer yourself, can you remind yourself all that when you throw a leg over the bike? If you can, you'll learn the extra physical stuff cause we never stop learning.

If you can't, don't get near it.
thanks kuro, really wise advice. I will take this to heart.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM

I went from a Hyosung 250 to an R1. You'll manage. The 2006 was a good year for the CBR1000RR. Lots of people still say it was the best generation. That price is a bit ridiculous for an '06 with aftermarket plastics, though. If you meet with him to deal it out, tell that fool that Repsol editions were only made in the odd years.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
I went from a Hyosung 250 to an R1. You'll manage. The 2006 was a good year for the CBR1000RR. Lots of people still say it was the best generation. That price is a bit ridiculous for an '06 with aftermarket plastics, though. If you meet with him to deal it out, tell that fool that Repsol editions were only made in the odd years.
wow ray you are still here. good to see you around. yeah, i will look for a better deal ^^

Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 AM

why the hell are bike prices up? bikes are getting older but more expensive? Am I just getting unlucky or are these prices inflated?