Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I want this one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
why the hell are bike prices up? bikes are getting older but more expensive? Am I just getting unlucky or are these prices inflated?
America did pretty well this year in sales - I figure that's why. Everything was up 3% across the board. It's becoming a seller's market (for the first time in a long time). And you have to remember, that these bikes nowadays are more expensive, so when you were here a few years ago, the bikes that were the same age then were cheaper from the get-go than the bikes now.

I'm liking it (as I now flip bikes...). But you are right. It's expensive.

So, tell me you're going to look at the 1krr.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
America did pretty well this year in sales - I figure that's why. Everything was up 3% across the board. It's becoming a seller's market (for the first time in a long time). And you have to remember, that these bikes nowadays are more expensive, so when you were here a few years ago, the bikes that were the same age then were cheaper from the get-go than the bikes now.

I'm liking it (as I now flip bikes...). But you are right. It's expensive.

So, tell me you're going to look at the 1krr.
Yo conrice good to see you here. yeah i am looking at 1krr but mostly cbr 600 RR. Honda imo had many good models in all its years. on the other hand I do not like gsxr, kawi, or yamaha below 06. getting a honda is my first choice, but if i find a good deal then ill jump on a different brand.

I just want an 06 bike that is in good shape, around 10k miles, and 4k. that's what it was last time...but now the prices are like 1k higher!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:46 AM

Yo conrice good to see you here. yeah i am looking at 1krr but mostly cbr 600 RR. Honda imo had many good models in all its years. on the other hand I do not like gsxr, kawi, or yamaha below 06. getting a honda is my first choice, but if i find a good deal then ill jump on a different brand.

I just want an 06 bike that is in good shape, around 10k miles, and 4k. that's what it was last time...but now the prices are like 1k higher!
I hear that. I just sold an '05 600rr for $4K. And it wasn't cosmetically perfect. Prices are REALLY high in my area for some reason... I'm sure you can find one though, have you ever shopped for a bike on ebay? They are going for those kind of prices on there. And with the weather being the way it is in the Pacific NW, I'm sure you can find some deals right about now.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:54 AM

I hear that. I just sold an '05 600rr for $4K. And it wasn't cosmetically perfect. Prices are REALLY high in my area for some reason... I'm sure you can find one though, have you ever shopped for a bike on ebay? They are going for those kind of prices on there. And with the weather being the way it is in the Pacific NW, I'm sure you can find some deals right about now.
Can i get a link? everytime I use ebay motos from korea it wont let me. takes me to an error.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:56 AM

yeah **** ebay. it sucks in my area. zero cbrs and 1 kawasaki. craigslist is bestlist

Old 02-13-2014, 10:53 PM

would you guys kill me if i got a gsxr? im trying not to get one. but damn some of them look good.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:32 AM

would you guys kill me if i got a gsxr? im trying not to get one. but damn some of them look good.
Hell no! 2 wheels is what's important.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:57 PM

Hell no! 2 wheels is what's important.
lmao. yeah no sosuckis for me.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I did say "arguably". Well this is about jpan and not Sersi. My advice is he needs to answer if he's mentally prepared for the jump to a liter. It's natural to be jittery about such a move if the person has any sense. The physical aspects are minor.

Oh and the F4rr didn't have much to say about it
Class of 2013 Shootout! Panigale R vs HP4 vs F4RR vs RSV4 vs ZX-10R vs RC8R - On Two Wheels Ep 35 - YouTube

167.2 hp on the dyno versus 177.5 for the HP4 (which matches the 177.8 Sersi dynoed) in stock form
doesnt the cbr600rr hold the fastest speed for production 600 in stock form

and where there is no sense there is no feeling, been wanting a 1 litre for a while no fear here just no money

Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 AM

hey guys, im getting a bike this week. but im having trouble choosing...

It's either 08 ZX6R or a 07 Yamaha R6. both are mint, both are low miles, I respect both companies, and I love the body on both. I doubt I could go wrong with either...but if there is something about these models and the specific year that I should know of or be wary of, let me know. R6 is Raven edition so I feel like it will be the easier sell. However, the ninja is a ninja and I love the voluptuous body.