Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I still dont get it.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I still dont get it.....

So i was on my way home from work, lots of bikes out......i come up to a light that was red long enough for me to stop, i see 2 asshats (harley riders) pull up to the light in opposing traffic, but they are in the middle turn lane at the light. my light turns green (im behind 1 car) and i proceed through the light and i waved, they just sat there and glared at me, turned their heads and watched me ride by, no wave, no nod, no nothing. i even took the extra effort to wave since i had just shifted to 2nd. after i passed i turned around to see if they were still looking so i could flip em the bird, but they were not looking so....eh.....i know they think they are better than us, but it still ceases to amaze me how stuck up they are, brothers on wheels and they could give two ****s. F**k em, but it still pisses me off and i dont get it, at any rate, saw a few sport bikes on the way home, and they waved and made me feel better.

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 09-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I still dont get it.....

I know what you mean. Alot of Harley riders feel like they are above other riders. I spoke to one of the nicer Harley guys and he explained it that way. He said "**** 'em" as well.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 PM

In Cali, for Harley Riders it is considered a Squid thing to wave to other bikers. As for Sport Bikes, I don't wave but I usually give a head nod.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 PM

It's the same way here. All cruisers wave back to me except for the ones with Harley down the tank except when I ride with my brother-in-law (he rides a Harley). Now I make it a point to wave at them just to mess with them.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 PM

I want to put a big japanese flag on the front of my jacket or helmet. That would **** off the HD crowd to no end.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Retired Moderator

What is it about Harley riders? To be honest, most will wave back to me (80% or better), but it is those few that really stick in my craw. If anything, we should look down our nose at them because they ride, in my opinion, an overpriced, loud, boring motorcycle. I think they got ripped off, and it is a little bit funny. The sad thing is that every wonder bread eating, mini van driving, suburban philistine thinks they are Dennis Hopper because they can afford a Harley. You may have been getting the staredown from a proctologist and his neighbor who is a tennis instructor!

Old 09-15-2006, 02:14 AM

I can't stand any of them... every bike night around here is flooded with those overweight f***ers, reving their underpowered V-twins to redline trying to impress the toothless meth addict they managed to strap the back seat...

F**k them, their bikes and their gay *** poker-runs! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-15-2006, 03:12 AM

Kind of a mixed bag up here. Almost all sportbike riders wave, and the only harley riders that wave are the old santa-clause lookin dudes. The ones who never wave are the young 20's got me a hog and a half helmet, ooooh stare ya down so cool punks. whatever.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 AM

i think thia is a commen thing in every state. my buddy and i went on a bike run with a hole bunch of hd and a couple of other sport bike all the sportbikes were in back until my buddy dad came in he rides a honda aero crusier so he starts cutting to the front and so does all the sportbikes then everyone stop to fuel up they would not talk to my buddys dad even though the week before he wes riding with most of then just for the fact that he was talk to all of us. also my buddy just got a zx9r (not a honda i know try to talk him into getting one) i told him don't even waste your time in waveing to crusiers unless they wave to you first the whole day we were riding we saw 2 sport bikes and those were the only people the waved. f**ked up but hay thier just mad that honda technology is better then a hd.and cheaper.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here, some wave, some don't, I can't see whythey get so bent out of shape about other bikes, I mean if everyone had a Harley, they would look more pathetic than they all ready do.
Old saying, they don't wave because their to affraid to let go of the handle bars.

Quick Reply: I still dont get it.....