Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I still dont get it.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I still dont get it.....

Most of the Harley riders are nice in Idaho. The weird ones are the hippy scooter ladies. They are everywhere now with gas prices up there.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. There are a LOT of Sportbike riders in my town. I bought my bike about an hour away (was a couple thousand dollars cheaper out there), in the town of Alamogordo, NM. In Alamogordo, just about every motorcyclist gave the "arm-straight-out-pointing-to-the-median" type of guesture. I do that to just about every rider I see. All and I mean ALL sportbike riders give me the same gesture back, except for some.....

The Harley guys. I'll put my arm out, they do nothing but look. I pulled up to a stop light (wait in pairs right?) and got an ear full for pulling up next to his coveted 25,000 Harley. I told him to grow up (telling this to a 50-year old man) he got pissed. I laughed.

Now, there are a few Harley riders that are cool, but even those ones are jackasses at heart. A guy at the apartment complex has a Harley and he parks on the side of the space to allow other bikes to park next to him (mainly other cruiser types). One night, I parked there. About two hours later, I was about to leave and saw him by my bike. He asked if it was mine (after I already started it up and sat on it.). I said yes. He came back saying "don't park your Jap-crap next to my Harley again." This time, I asked what his deal was. He told me.....

He said that there are boys, and there are Harley riders. NO FREAKING JOKE! They really do think they are better than everyone else. So we had an exchange of words (mainly me telling him to **** off, and for him not to park his eye sore next to mine.....pisses him off even more. lol), and now, he parks sideways to fill the entire space. I just ignore him and park in the space next to him, lol.

What a ignorant retard.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:48 AM

It has been this way as long as I have been riding. Sure there are the good guys who just recognize that you are on a bike they like and you are on a bike you like. Then there are some that feel they have one-upmanship on you. Who cares about them, I don't. If I was given a Harley for a gift, I would be looking to see what I could get a real motorcycle with it. They just don't fit my style at all. Actually they all kind of tickle me. They all want to be individualist, but they all individual their bikes toward the same standard. I mean, how many different ways can you make a Harley look different, without them all looking the same.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 AM

You know the old saying ...... 'There's one in every crowd.'

But, I guess it could read ......'There's one on every HD!'

Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 AM

Maybe it’s because of $**t like this. Everyone has their own thing but damn, I have never seen so many people upset because of a wave. Guess that’s the beauty of having a HD and a sport bike, if I don’t get a wave on one I can go get the other. I try to wave to everyone but it doesn’t kill me if I don’t get one back. My g/f and I rode 11 days straight in the North Ga mtns she was on a cruiser and I was on the 600 and most of the cruisers would only wave to her, o well got over it.
ORIGINAL: vasta101

I can't stand any of them... every bike night around here is flooded with those overweight f***ers, reving their underpowered V-twins to redline trying to impress the toothless meth addict they managed to strap the back seat...

F**k them, their bikes and their gay *** poker-runs! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Same here in Knoxville, TN home of the rednecks baby. There are a few that wave back but not alot. I know its not COOL to drive a cage, but sometimes with the kids thats what I am in, so I wave at a sport bike and I get the same s**t as the Harley riders like their too cool to wave at someone in a cage or something, thats when I swerve over in the other lane and run them off the road.( stay calm just a joke) lol

Old 09-15-2006, 11:06 AM

Upset because of a wave [>:],well its a brotherhood thing, we ride bikes cuz we love bikes, we reach out to a fellow biker i.e. a harley rider and they purposly "DO NOT WAVE" its like a "DIS" thing, I think its rude not to wave when someone waves to you, you are on the road enjoying the same thing they are............. "RIDING" its like they are the "ARYIN NATION" and we are inferior to them.[sm=rant.gif]
ORIGINAL: travisj

Maybe it’s because of $**t like this. Everyone has their own thing but damn, I have never seen so many people upset because of a wave. Guess that’s the beauty of having a HD and a sport bike, if I don’t get a wave on one I can go get the other. I try to wave to everyone but it doesn’t kill me if I don’t get one back. My g/f and I rode 11 days straight in the North Ga mtns she was on a cruiser and I was on the 600 and most of the cruisers would only wave to her, o well got over it.

I can't stand any of them... every bike night around here is flooded with those overweight f***ers, reving their underpowered V-twins to redline trying to impress the toothless meth addict they managed to strap the back seat...

Old 09-15-2006, 11:07 AM

I feel bad when i see that someone is waving at me, but i was too late in noticing until they are practically by me. Someimes i just dont pay attention to the other side of the road. Many of those times it is a Harley rider, so he probably thinks i'm some squidly *******.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 AM

I agree 100% but I have seen it from both sides. I personally don’t care if you are on a moped or a road king I try, but some times it just isn’t a good time ie in a turn, shifting. But I have seen more threads on this, it just gets to me.
ORIGINAL: city worker

Upset because of a wave [>:],well its a brotherhood thing, we ride bikes cuz we love bikes, we reach out to a fellow biker i.e. a harley rider and they purposly "DO NOT WAVE" its like a "DIS" thing, I think its rude not to wave when someone waves to you, you are on the road enjoying the same thing they are............. "RIDING" its like they are the "ARYIN NATION" and we are inferior to them.[sm=rant.gif]
ORIGINAL: travisj

Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was just blown away by the fact they took the effort to turn their heads as i was passing, and did nothing but stared. i could really give two ****s if they dont like me or want to wave. just confusing as to the fact that we are the 'boys' and they are the 'harley riders.' its that kind of mentality that gets to me.

Quick Reply: I still dont get it.....