Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need to get the fear out

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need to get the fear out

With each wheelie you will learn something different or you will reapply something you had already experienced. You'll notice trying different things and there outcome, how the bike handled when the wheel popped up, how hard the bike came down, did it pull left or right, etc. You'll know what you did just before the wheelie and you can make adjustments from there. If you notice you blipped the throttle instead of hammer off hammer on, if you sat back in your seat, if you stood on the rear peg... etc. etc. There's no magic pill for getting over fear. You'll either do it and get the hang of it or you wont. Have fun and be safe

Old 09-11-2005, 08:31 AM

some people prefer to stand up rather than stay seated... that will help with feeling balanced plus you can see what's going on down the road... umm I mean non-public exhibition area... yeah... you do realize that even a smooth landing will screw up your front end? for confidence though... you need to fall. low speed slides will make you go... hmmm well that didn't really hurt too much... what's actually painful is the cost of bringing your bike back to life.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 PM
tb

ORIGINAL: f4i_reborn

for confidence though... you need to fall. low speed slides will make you go... hmmm well that didn't really hurt too much... what's actually painful is the cost of bringing your bike back to life.
well said f4i-reborn i was always scared of fliping my bike or trashing it,till one of my mates said just do it,if you trash it you trash it and practise makes perfect,all thou ive only fliped it once this year lol

Old 09-13-2005, 01:37 AM

You should probably put a couple of thousand in the bank to cover the broken plastic that could potentially result from dumping after a bad wheely. Once you know you've got the money to cover the repairs you'll probably feel better about taking more chances. Until then, keep 2 wheels on the road and stay safe.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:22 AM

well man I an agree with all here crashing aint as bad as it seems but it kills ya to look at your girl in pieces I can wheelie but i am a premadonna bout it with my bike i really dont have the cash now to rebuild but i do see lots of people out there riding brand new bike with mashed up fairings or none at all while their buddies are wheelin on 06 1000's I say get a cheap bike and keep your #1 girl clean thats what my homie and I did to his 96 gsxr telephonica so when we bail on that one its not as bad as destroying our pretty 05's.