Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

just been pulled

Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 PM
tb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just been pulled

wot do you lot think to this,on my way home after going out for a play on my bike,ive been pulled over by the local boys in blue[:@],when ive asked them why,they have said it was because i had my knee down going round the roundabout,witch to them means i was speeding ?,no i said you dont have to be going fast to get your knee down and i was well within the speed limit,after checking my documents and a few words of wisdom he then gave me a £30 fixed penaty fine and told me to go on my way,wait a minet i told him,your going to do me for speeding when i wasnt and a £30 fine,his answer to that was clear off before i do you for dangerus driving witch will means you losing your licences[sm=bustedsign.gif]after getting home very f****d off ive phoned my local police station to make a complaint, will let you all no how i get on with this

Old 09-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Default RE: just been pulled

Good old police. They are just jealous thats all

Old 09-07-2005, 07:59 PM

alright well im probably gonna be the only one to feel this way so here it goes. sorry man but it was your own fault. but dont take any offence to this. im assuming that you were going the speed limit but you took the corner hanging of your bike dragging your knee, not sitting normally and just leaned over a little bit with your knee sticking out but not touching the ground. if that was the case the cop was right. he could have got you for wreckless driving. you put too much commitment into the corner. when your leaned like that with your knee touching its hard to make mid corner corrections. which is why your not supposed to drag that knee on the street. you should never put that much commitment into a corner on public roads. on the track its fine theres no suprises there. which is why if a cop sees you leaned over like that theyll pull you over. and seriously theres just no need to do it on the street. its good practice but what happens if your going around a corner and you come up on some gravel in your line, how you gonna make a line correction leaned like that? i mean you can drag that knee at almost any speed above 15 mph. but its not needed and again soundin like a broken reccord you put too much commitment into it. which is why its wreckless driving. sorry about the ticket but lesson learned right?

Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: alienworkshop

when your leaned like that with your knee touching its hard to make mid corner corrections.
No its not you ever tried it? you can change what the hell you want sit up stop change direction. 40mph is the slowest i`ve ever managed it, where were you? I`d fight it to the courts mate.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:43 PM
tb

if it go's that far i will,as far as im concerned i was doing nothing wrong

Old 09-07-2005, 09:11 PM

like i said i wasnt there so i dont know how you were leaned into the turn. i dont know if you were leaned alittle bit and you were hangin off the side of the bike to drag your knee. or if you were in a full lean. im assuming you were in full lean. but it applies either way. hanging off the bike like that on the street is gonna get you a wreckless driving ticket unless the cop just dont care. and if you dont think you were doing anything wrong then all i can say is be prepared for more tickets doing that. cause just because you werent speeding and just because you werent out of your lane. doesnt mean you werent doing something wreckless. i can drift around a corner and keep in my lane and not go over the speed limit. but its still wreckless driving and doing something not needed. no corners on public roads even require for you to lean that far unless your going past the speed limit. all the cop sees is some kid hangin off his bike trying to look cool while taking a corner.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Anubis

ORIGINAL: alienworkshop

when your leaned like that with your knee touching its hard to make mid corner corrections.
No its not you ever tried it? you can change what the hell you want sit up stop change direction. 40mph is the slowest i`ve ever managed it, where were you? I`d fight it to the courts mate.
if your all the way in a full lean the chances of you straigtening it out to avoid an obsticle mid corner isnt very good. you can change your line. but in most cases your arent gonna do it nearly quick enough cause you have too much commitment into the corner. and honestly if he gets the ticket overturned ill be amazed. the point is if your going the speed limit theres no reason to use that much of a lean angle. most noobs trying hangin off the side of the bike like that by the time they see the obsticle it too late and theylle either panic and grab the brakes and dump it or try to straighten and run off the road or hit the object anyways. its not my fault some people have the need to pretend there motogp racers and hang off the bike going through a 40mph turn. when you dont even need to lean that far nor even have your knee sticking out to make the turn.

Old 09-07-2005, 10:35 PM

First, Alienworkshop are you a cop? Second, tb when they pulled you over and said you were speeding you should have asked to see the radar gun they clocked you with. If they say no you have reason to suspect that they are making it up and can beat the ticket. If you do inspect it check the calibration date to see if is up to date. You can use that in court to saying the guns calibration is off. If you feel that you were not speeding then these are things that you can check to validate your concerns. I am not a cop but an ex cop did tell me these two things to possibly get out of questionable tickets. Obviously if you know that you were speeding don't do this because you will create more problems for yourself. Tb If you don't go to court and decide to pay the ticket, see a lawyer. He can take care of it for you without getting any points.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good advice MMookey but tb's in jolly olde England and they play by different rules. Geez, seems like the non-riding cops over there are pretty much the same ******** as we got over here. Good luck with your complaint -- hope you're able to beat it. As far as maneuvering while dragging parts -- I've found the 1kRR extremely easy to flail. If you hit gravel, oil or sand at the apex of a curve at any speed you 'could' have problems no matter how you're riding.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:25 AM

Several weeks ago, I was coming down my favorite twisty road and came upon a rider on a sportbike doing the same thing. On each corner he'd shift his **** to one side of the bike and have his knee down to the road. This was on a very tight mountain road so the transition from full left to full right was only a few seconds, so he was having a workout moving from one side of the bike to the other.

I smoothly counter-steered my 600 pound 1000F right behind him. My head, hands and feet were the only things moving. In fact, I would have passed him if the road wasn't so tight and most of the corners blind. Smooth riding is better for the street and the track. Study what the law says in your area and see if you can beat the speeding charge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just been pulled