Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I love my bike, But...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love my bike, But...

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Now I only get it on long highway trips (cause I get lazy), and when it does I just use my left hand, lol. Kinda weird at first but you get used to it.
^^This is what I do on long trips as well.^^

I would look for heavier bar ends, it will help with minimizing the vibration. I had the same problem with my f4i until I put heavier bar ends on.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM

Here is something I noticed ALOT of riders do....when I ride, when you look at my wrists, I have them positioned so they go "straight" into the bars, alot of other rides let their wrists go to some god awful angel and they are all contorted.... Take your hand right now and and lift it up using your wrist only, see how your hand/arm make that "v" shape? I see ALOT of riding doing this and I can only wonder if that is the cause. Maybe I can get some photos of it up....

Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Quick fix:

Suck it up! LOL Just messing with ya.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Found some photos and info

"Don't do this for too long. Hands may go numb and wrists may hurt."

"You don't need to always keep wrists straight to stop pain and pressure. Healthy wrist bending is needed for pushups (Change Common Exercises to Get Better Ab Exercise and Stop Back Pain), holding a plank position (Abdominal Muscle Exercise - Better, Different, Not What You Think), handstands (Leg Stretch that Strengthens Arms), and other fun activities that weight your arms. The idea is to not shift all the weight to the bent wrist joint. When putting weight on a bent wrist:
[ul][*]Distribute weight over your entire hand and fingers.[*]Use forearm muscles to prevent the wrist from pinching back under all the weight.[*]The idea is to keep your weight up on your muscles, not just passively compressing the joints.[/ul]

Use healthful positioning and muscle use to prevent wrist pain when cutting food, using a keyboard or data entry device, gardening, and all the fun exercises you can do. Future posts will give specifics for each, but you can apply the general concepts now to all you do. Confining the wrist to a splint does not stop the source of the problem and is not healthful in the long-run. Wrists need movement and loading to keep the joint healthy, the muscles strong, and bones dense. Just do it in a healthful way.
"

-http://www.healthline.com/blogs/exercise_fitness/labels/biking.html

Old 04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Banned

I had the same situation after about 40 minutes. I put heli bars on mine. Problem almost solved.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 PM

I found that my thicker gloves make my hands go numb faster than my thin ones.

It's more how you have your wrist (and pressure) than gloves. Also once you're at cruising speed and going to be that way for awhile, re-adjust your throttle hand so its more level.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:42 PM

yeah same problem here. I am prob going to buy the throttle rocker and they do havea sort of cruise control for bikes. Its litterally a clamp that go down over the throttle. not sure how safe but could help.

also, I used to have gloves that actually had silicone pads in the palms and under the bottom part of the finger. That really helped withcontorling vibration.