Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I HATE THIEVES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE THIEVES!

My unamerican gas hog truck was hovering on E so I decided to fill up today instead of tomorrow on my way to work (thank God). I head to the gas station around 15mins away, all the while were having a blizzard. I get there and slide my card at the pump and it comes back saying "See cashier". Oh well this has happened before, usually a problem on their end. So I go in and she asks to hold my card while I go pump. Thats all fine and dandy, I go back out and pump $70 in gas and return inside to complete the payment. The card wouldnt work and I dont have that much in bills on me so I get alittle frustrated. They tried debit and credit ten times. No luck, so I try the ATM in the station. Get through all the menus and when it should spit my money out it says "Card not accepted at this ATM". So I try again and still no luck. When now im pissed because I have $70 in gas I cant pay for. I call my girlfriend in and of course she didnt have her purse on her. Luckily I squirreled some money away at home, so the cashier take my info and I head to my bank first. Once again I get through all the menus and at the end it says "Unathorized card". I have no idea whats going on and im ripped. Go home get my money, head back and pay. After all this I finally called my bank and I explained the situation. She does a few things and then ask "Have you been to Italy recently?" I replied as expected and the bottom line was no. Apparently some ******* spent $460 in Italy on friday and I had done a transaction last night, so the bank knew it wasnt me and closed my card. I now have to spend my lunch tomorrow getting a new card and starting a dispute to try and get my money back. Something that should of taken 30mins took two damn hours. I guess I should be happy they closed my account as fast as they did. This sucks.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Default RE: I HATE THIEVES!

Last year some dude in Singaphore bought planetickets with my debit card somehow. I had the debit card on me. My bank didn't close my account and I was in the negative by a few hundred dollars. It took the bank 3 months to get it all straighten out.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

It sounds like if you were driving a Prius in Italy this would have never happened.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

somebody used my card spent almost 200 i called that night closed the account and b of a refunded my money back by 9am the next morning.. they were awesome there but ****ing suck when it comes to overdraft charges !! infact all banks suck when it comes to charges like that !

Old 02-10-2008, 05:14 PM

While I was stationed in England some person wiped out my account and left me with $20 in India. Bank of America did a fruad investigation on it and everything. Need less to say I switched accounts as soon as I came home for Christmas that year.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a friend that was going over his accounts the other day & found about 6 or so transactions all O/S. He uses his card to pay bills online all the time (so called "secure" sites), so he figures thats where they got the info.
Banks here are usually pretty good about this sort of thing, but their talking about setting a limit on the amounts they will reimburse. My card only ever has $400 on it at anyone time & I never use it pay stuff on line. Heard that they have a newer & better way of skimming cards at ATMS now though.