F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thieves.. wtf?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thieves.. wtf?!

So I've parked my bike in front of my garage last night, locked the steering and went inside. I get out next morning and the bike is gone. WTF is wrong with ppl taking others' property?! Can anyone help me find it? Does any of you know a shop were this bike could be at? Please provide me with ANY info. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-0324001332a.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any details? I know your location says LA, but any specific area? How many miles are on the bike as well?

Also, have you contacted the police and insurance company?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Lesson =?

Park the bike inside the garage and not infront of it.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help you find it here in Arkansas, but fyi, sportbikes are light. Alot of thieves run around in vans or box trucks with 2-4 guys. They jump out, grab your bike up and haul it away. Locked steering does nothing. You need to chain it to something aswell as some sort of noise producing alarm. That's still only a deterent because a determined thief can still overcome those deterents. Lojack is also a possibility. Good luck with the find. Search ebay, craigslist and the likes. You might get lucky.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also are there any tracks nearby? A track bike doesn't have to be registered. So some "track only" bikes are actually stolen (usually unknown to the owners). And someone there might have a line on where to get "cheap parts"

Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry your bike got stolen. Been there, had it happen to me...never saw the bike again. I'm sure you've already filed your police report & contacted your insurance co. Really, that's about all you can do at this point besides watching the CL ads.

Just FYI, a lot of stolen bikes/parts from LA end up in San Diego & vice-versa. So check both sections on CL, as well as other surrounding areas.

Good luck.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Post up on CL and ask the motorcycle community to keep an eye out for you and help you out! Most of us are honest hard working people who have also had stuff stolen from us and are mroe than willing to help. That's how I recovered a stolen dirtbike of mine. Title your post something like "HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS STOLEN BIKE????????????" Anyhow, it worked for me. Good Luck!

Old 09-05-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Any details? I know your location says LA, but any specific area? How many miles are on the bike as well?

Also, have you contacted the police and insurance company?
The bike was stolen from City Terrace in East LA. The bike had more or less 14,000 miles on it. The police has been contacted immediately. A report has been made and now I'm just waiting. This wait is driving me nuts, guys. I'm feeling helpless. I'm going to contact my insurance agent tomorrow, but I'm sure he will not be able to help me since I only had liability insurance on this bike.

Originally Posted by teko1020
Lesson =?

Park the bike inside the garage and not infront of it.
Trust me.. This will definitely happen from now on, but help me get it back
If I knew this was happening.. I would take a bullet for it.

Originally Posted by jonld
I can't help you find it here in Arkansas, but fyi, sportbikes are light. Alot of thieves run around in vans or box trucks with 2-4 guys. They jump out, grab your bike up and haul it away. Locked steering does nothing. You need to chain it to something aswell as some sort of noise producing alarm. That's still only a deterent because a determined thief can still overcome those deterents. Lojack is also a possibility. Good luck with the find. Search ebay, craigslist and the likes. You might get lucky.
Thank you, my friend.

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Post up on CL and ask the motorcycle community to keep an eye out for you and help you out! Most of us are honest hard working people who have also had stuff stolen from us and are mroe than willing to help. That's how I recovered a stolen dirtbike of mine. Title your post something like "HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS STOLEN BIKE????????????" Anyhow, it worked for me. Good Luck!
This is a great idea! I've just posted an ad in community/lost&found.
Did I post it in the right section? I could not find a motorcycle section.
Thanks a lot, brother.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Also are there any tracks nearby? A track bike doesn't have to be registered. So some "track only" bikes are actually stolen (usually unknown to the owners). And someone there might have a line on where to get "cheap parts"

none that I know of, bro.

Last edited by Zero1080; 09-05-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM

here are more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-0430001900.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-0324001333.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-0324001332b.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it happened to me, I'd post it under the For Sale / Motorcycle section with the title: "WARNING: This bike is stolen!!!", fill the ad with pics, last few of the VIN and offer a reward for info if you can afford it.

An 9 outta 10 people prefer a honest $500 compared to constant worry of getting busted

Quick Reply: Thieves.. wtf?!