Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I feel like bashing today

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I feel like bashing today

A few days ago I was riding in the left part of the left hand lane (with passenger on the back)beside a pick-up truck when a full dress Harley (old dude/ no helmet)passed the truck by using the right side of my lane! In all honesty I knew he was somewhere back there but in no way shape or form did I know he was going to invade my space like that. I really had thought about following him a beating the **** out of him for his stupidity, but instead just pulled along side down the road and gave him the finger.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 PM

My Dad is a Harley man and my good friend Joe is as well. I've never met a better man than my father. He wears his gear. Joe isnt all about gear but he's a stand up guy and would probably kick your *** if you called him a squid. He doesn't **** around. Neither of them are against sport bikes, i'm certainly not against Harleys.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM

said it before and I will say it again, my uncle works for harley, and living in the state that hosts the sturgis motorcycle ralley has made me detest them and the way I get flipped of driving down the road when I am wearing gear.

My siggy says it all...

Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Can I add another bashing?

I'd like to bash the fugging morons who apparently never paid attention in school and can't figure out how to even spell the most basic words. Then they post 5 or 6 lines of crap spelled wrong that somehow has no punctuation at all.

All I hear is people older than me saying how dumb the kids are these days and I never really saw it that much. Since I joined a few forums this year that are frequented by people younger than I am, I now see what these people mean. So sad really.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys with Harleys (IMO) are like guys with porsches... they wave to eachother and spend tons of money on something that always needs fixing. My dad used to ride harley and he was always telling me stories of how he had to fix his bike (or his friends bikes) and I always just thought... why not get a bike that doesnt break as much? Anyway, I've never seen a better example than the bar example. I go by a biker bar almost every day and theres always harley guys drinking outside.... like... don't you care about your life?
About the waving by the way, when I first started riding I would wave to everyone but Harleys never waved back (as I know all too well by now); always kind of just thought it was dick. Like, I'll wave to you; I've got no problem with that, we are both on two wheels.

My second rant is about guys who "rig" thier bikes. The bike I have now had zip ties holding the plastics on and electrical wiring in place.... WTF! Its got electrical couplings made from rubber bands and sh*t... like dude just do it right... No wonder the guy couldn't get the bike to work. This doesn't just go for bikes either, cars, houses, anything. People rig sh*t up and expect it to work forever... maybe if they took the time to do it right the first time it would last a little longer and not look horrible.

To conclude, Harley Riders and "Riggers"....

Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 PM

I won't bash HD riders...too easy.

How about the Goldwing guys?

Haha...their main claim to fame is that they ride in all weather.

Yeah...with heated gloves, a fairing the size of a Winnebago, heated vest, stereo, hot-plate, telecom/cell-phone.

Yeah...those guys are some bad mo******.

LMAO!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

I won't bash HD riders...too easy.

How about the Goldwing guys?

Haha...their main claim to fame is that they ride in all weather.

Yeah...with heated gloves, a fairing the size of a Winnebago, heated vest, stereo, hot-plate, telecom/cell-phone.

Yeah...those guys are some bad mo******.

LMAO!!!!!!

+1........ don't forget with all those freakin compartments as well. Why don't they just drive a cage??

Old 01-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Some of you guys are missing that I used the word (MOST) not all HD riders. I think that if we have to use a seat belt in a car then we should have touse gear on a bike no matter what type of bike it is. Some how over the years it's become un-cool touse gear on a HD.

I agree the Goldwing guys are a strang bunch. The newer Goldwings even have keyless entry for there compartments, WTF? it's like get a car.

I like to think we all ride motorcycles, but some people don't look at it like that. Awhile back I was talking to this one girl that I have known for years and she has been around HD's alot do to her mother liking to date in the ruffer crowd. She asked what I'v been doing and I told her I got a bike. She asked did you get a motorcycle or a crotch rocket? I was like I have a sport bike and it's a motorcycle. I hate the term crotch rocket. It got me thinkg that at some point some one has put it in her head the sport bikes are not real motorcycles.

I think the sport bike riders will talk to just about any biker, but it seems alot of the HD guys don't like to talk to or ride with sport bikes. I'll talk to and ride with anyone that rides safe and is a cool person, but alot of people around here don't see it that way. It seem that Ohio is very clicky.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Retired Moderator

When I was at Laguna Seca last year, you could talk to ANYONE and have the best conversation of your life, like you had always known these people. No ****, standing in the beer line, waiting for an autograph, taking pictures of the show bikes, coming out of the gift shop, sitting in a hospitality tent...you met the BEST people. The sportbike community is made up of alot of good folks that are generally pretty friendly and inclusive. On the other hand, my band has played a couple of biker rallies, and if they know you they are cool as hell, but if they don't know you it's like a new dog coming into a kennel. Alot of raised hackles, and posturing. Now, I am not talking about the tennis pro or proctologist Harley riding douchebag "RUB"s, but guys wearing patches. I don't think I am bashing, but just relating from experience.