Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A hundred ways to crash...whats your pet fear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deer. Any blind something that you cant see coming at all. Just the worst.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typically I won't concern myself with fear while I'm riding. Usually it's afterwards while re-playing certain events from a previous ride in my head, that I'll realize that what I just did was potentially dangerous.
My biggest concern when riding however, is coming across a large obstacle on the highway, while following a cager in heavy traffic, and not having enough time to react. Although I take all possible precautions to avoid such an incident, I'm constantly aware that such a situation may arise at any given moment

Old 09-15-2009, 05:41 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Incognito
Typically I won't concern myself with fear while I'm riding. Usually it's afterwards while re-playing certain events from a previous ride in my head, that I'll realize that what I just did was potentially dangerous.
That's good!

Fear while riding is a very negative thing! Caution is a good thing , makes you think , fear freezes the brain so you can't think.

Calculated risks are what we take every day , that's why we still ride . Keep thinking ,'cos it's when your brain freezes with fear , mid-corner , you'll run wide into the path............of whatever. Brain freeze , body freeze , straight line , death........... Another of my personal favourites

Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

We used to ride dirt bikes in the Apalachicola National Forest and I was always worried that some nut job would hang fish hooks in the tight sections, or string a cable across a high speed double track and decapitate one of us.

On the road I'd be most concerned with meeting someone on the wrong side of the road. My best friend was killed that way.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 AM

definitely deer. i ride to work almost every night and pass a state park where i see 2-8 every night! needless to say i'm going very slow and on the look out. those deer are tame, they can be 10ft off the road and may or may not even look at you. its the deer out in the country that get scared and run into you. it crosses my mine every time i'm in country at a fast pace.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Default burly topic

i prefer to stay away from all wrecks that the cops use yellow tape on!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 PM

Almost got nailed by a deer 30 minutes ago. I was in a rental Kia.

Which I think stands for "kiss it again."

Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can add this to the list . similar almost happened to me tonight. fecking cabbies trying to race to a fare at the corner somehow missed the bright yellow cbr with glowing blue led and a rider wearing a white & black jacket in the turn lane. The fare was standing right next to my bike.

One of them happily occupied the space I vacated 1 sec before. Ran the red light

Old 09-19-2009, 05:10 AM

holy crap! F n cager. probably on a cell phone.

Quick Reply: A hundred ways to crash...whats your pet fear?