Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

human weapon

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: human weapon

I took Ishynryu for eight years, it kinda gives a diffrent outlook onfighting in my opinion

Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: knoxtnf4i

I took Ishynryu for eight years, it kinda gives a diffrent outlook onfighting in my opinion

Isshin-Ryu Is one of the styles I looked at When I was on Okimawa to take privately just decided that Te- Budokan was better suited for my needs. I'm glad to hear that you have a different outlook on physical confrontations after study Isshin-Ryu. It should have changed your Outlook with skill comes some great responsibility. Keep that in mind

Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 PM

I took Judo when I was 13 for 3 years, it was fun.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:42 PM

it always is being one of the main principles of ishynryu. However i found myself being very fortunate in my teacher was, being he has now passed away, one of the few 12th degree grand masters. He was definitely something to see.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator

I love this show...have it set to auto-record on my DVR. It gives you a nice history of each of the fighting arts and practical applications. Check it out...

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 AM

I have a gun .....................................

Old 09-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

i think you need to watch the israeli army fighting style espisode if you think your gun is going to work

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?c...;mini_id=54986

Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 AM

I have 2 guns ............... hahahahaha. I am just kidding, thats some pretty intense stuff right there.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

i think you need to watch the israeli army fighting style espisode if you think your gun is going to work

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?c...;mini_id=54986

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the method in which you guys keep referring to, but it does require quite a lot of skill and training to perform without you being personally injured and is not something someone should attempt unless you have underwent the proper training. There is also a secondary method, which removes the weapon and removes it from the equation completely. No one has control of the weapon and it is about 1 to 2 feet away on the ground and will allow you to use your other skills to neutralize the individual. This method requires less training and is almost as effective percentage wise, as the Israeli method. I'm not going to demonstrate it. Not going to give you the entire step by step procedure and do not want anyone to try to practice it with a buddy. But basically if a individual is standing at arm's-length of you with a weapon and pointing it at you. This method uses speed overall momentum and accuracy to accomplish the remove of the weapon once again I'm trying to keep this in layman's terms and be as graphic as possible without tell all . Every one of us is familiar with clapping our hands. This is a very accelerated missedclap. There are a few variables that must be worked out first, but basically one hand comes forward as if you were going to meet the other hand to clap and the first-hand flat palm needs to make contact with the individuals wrist area. Right behind the hand with the weapon as close to the wrist area as possible. The manipulation of the wrist area is as important in this maneuver, as it is in the Israeli style. Now, at the exact same moment, the secondhand flat palm should make contact make contact with their hand and weapon. You are basically just slapping it out of their hand, the major difference between this and the Israeli maneuver is there is not a momentary struggle for control of the weapon. It is taken out of the equation. If you perform this maneuver correctly, with enough speed. You can roll down the individual arm and be standing shoulder to shoulder with them. And this opens a whole new world UP

Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM

is it true that there's a spot in a person's head, that when you shoot it, it'll make their head explode?

-hot fuzz

(no seriously, is there)?

ps. is there such a thing as the Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: human weapon