Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

human weapon

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default human weapon

so anybody else going to watch this show http://www.history.com/minisites/humanweapon? it looks really good to me , but everybody has different tastes .

Old 07-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Default RE: human weapon

Yea i might watch it a couple of times. looks interesting.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Friend and Hero ...

As a Martial Arts Instructor's Instructor in the MCMAP ( Marine Corps Martial Arts Program )and I also study OKINAWA-TE BUDOKAN , when I was duty station on Okinawa from a 65yr old master who kick my *** everday until I was good to gosoI am looking quite foreword to the series and hoping itis a very good one . Here is a little something on it MCMAP

When the average person hears the words martial arts they immediatly think of two individuals wearing a gi, throwing high kicks and trash like that. We take a more literal approach to the word. The word martial means "of or pertaining to war". Being a good fighter does not make you a good warrior. You must have a combination of mind,body,and spirit. We have divided them into 3 disciplines.Below is section taken from the training manual.
. The Disciplines of MCMAP

a. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program consists of three components;
mental discipline, character discipline, and physical discipline. Each discipline is divided into blocks and presented systematically to Marines at each belt level. Those disciplines taught at lower belt levels are then reviewed and reinforced during follow-on training and at the next belt level. Many skills specific to one discipline reinforce the strengths of the other disciplines. This creates a synergistic effect, whereby the program as a whole is stronger than its individual parts. For example, martial culture studies strengthen the mental character of Marines through the the historical study of war, at the same time reinforcing the importance of character to a warrior and a martial society.

(1) The mental discipline has two main components, warfighting and professional military education (PME). This encompasses the study of the art of war, the professional reading program, Marine Corps Common Skills Training (MBST), decision making training, the historical study of war, the tactics and techniques of maneuver warfare, risk management assessment, force protection , and the study of Marine Corps history, customs, courtesies and traditions. The mental discipline creates a smarter Marine, capable of understanding and handling the complexity of modern warfare - a Marine who is tactically and technically proficient, and one who is capable of decision making under any condition from combat to liberty. This training, which begins with the transformation of recruit training, serves as the foundation of the "strategic corporal" and the future leadership of our Corps.

(2) The character discipline has two main components, the Marine Corps Core Values program and the Marine Corps , Leadership Program. It encompasses Troop Information training as well as the study of the human dimensions of combat. Designed to instill the Mrine Corps Ethos into every Marine, character discipline is the spiritual aspect of each Marine and the collective spirit of the Corps. The components of character discipline instill in every Marine the warrior spirit we all share, and emphasizes the best of our traditions for developing esprit de corps, camaraderie and a warrior mindset. By building the character of a Marine, we develop the Marine as a warrior-defender, one who embodies our core values, one who is self-disciplined, confident, and capable of making the right decision under any condition from combat to liberty.

(3) The physical discipline consists of three main components; fighting techniques, combat conditioning and combat sports. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program is a weapons based system beginning at assault fire and moving to the four elements of the fighting component; rifle and bayonet, edged weapons, weapons of opportunity, and unarmed combat; with unarmed combat having a role across the entire spectrum of combat. The various armed and unarmed combat techniques are combined as part of the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Program to produce the combat conditioning compo

Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Just got done watching human weapon it was on martial arts from Okinawa Japan where I studied on my own and out of my own pocket to learn OKINAWA-TE BUDOKAN of course this was before becoming involved with the Marine Corps's MCMEP as a instructor and not being biased believe this was the best episode yet. It explained in some depth how karate is a true form of warfare, Real Martial Arts of course I am referring to it in its truest form. Not the PC version anybody else catch it

Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Yes I do know that I'm the only one who keeps posting under this thread in this weeks episode is on the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program and a good friend of mine MSgt Gresham who is with an air wing out of Ga 2 nd mos is asMAP instructorHe was in the rough filming of this episode way back when it was filmed. Now whether he ended up on the cutting room floor are not is the big question will just have to wait and see but I am really excited about this episode

Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i look forward to it. i try and watch all the epidoes i can. its really entertaining , i dont know how much i like the "hosts" but i like the idea of the show

Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 PM

I've been taking Aikijutsui for a while now. I own everything.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Friend and Hero ...

You are referring to Daito Ryu aikijustsuor its later version of just grappling?

Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 PM

I really like the israeli army fighting style... forgot what it was called... I kinda have a desire for someone to pull a knife on me so i can do that redirect/smash there throat in move :P

Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

You are referring to Daito Ryu aikijustsuor its later version of just grappling?
No its not Daito Ryu. Its the modern version. Mostly enphisis on throws and locks and we pratice basic strikes to loosen up or stun the attacker.

Quick Reply: human weapon