Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How to pick up a fallen motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
I never got my adrenalin to pumped up enough to pick my bike up. Maybe I don't get as mad as I should be when I do some stupid thing like dropping my bike.

Not mad, usually hurt or "No,no, not my beautiful bike, is it damaged? sh*t, sh*t..............."

Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any time I've ever lifted anything that was on it's side (dirtbikes, street bikes, rolled quads and side by sides) it has been the "squat/dead lift" technigue.
Stand on the tank/seat side, grab the bars and sub-frame bend at your knees and stand up. Similar to your first video but facing the the bike instead of away from it. You could always hit up the weight room to bulk up

Last edited by amRRussel; 04-25-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
If you ever fall, try that one that holding the front brake. That was getting there more than that push with your butt and use your leg way for me. But I am small, so that may have something to do with it.
But anyhow.. you don't want to lay it down even gentle if you don't have to. It's not just outside. She got liquids in her.
Leave the brake alone! You need to position your body where the majority of the weight is and the front is not it. LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS! For me it is usually easier to go with one hand on the subframe and the other around the tank area. If possible make sure it is in gear. It is extremely hard to do in neutral with the bike rolling while picking it up......You'll have the hardest time doing it while "practicing" (F^ck that, I dont practice picking my bike up), usually your adrenaline will do the most work after a fall.....

Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 AM

this must be a small person problem. I dropped mine in the driveway once and just picked it back up with no problems. Gravel driveway and i actually stood facing the bike and just grabbed the tank and subframe area and just heaved it up. (i'm sure adrenaline helped. lol)

And also, i would never practice picking my bike up. I heard its not good to have the bikes lay on their side.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm
this must be a small person problem. I dropped mine in the driveway once and just picked it back up with no problems. Gravel driveway and i actually stood facing the bike and just grabbed the tank and subframe area and just heaved it up. (i'm sure adrenaline helped. lol)

And also, i would never practice picking my bike up. I heard its not good to have the bikes lay on their side.
Im 5'6. ..My friends picked it up easy but their both 6'3 &built so it could be that. Makes sence that its not good for it... Wanted to try it just to see if i could do it alone... Dont think its possible at this point esspecially grabbing it with my back against it...seemed easier when i was facing it but in the end still didnt get it up. Was a good work out though my legs ache today aghhh

Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM

&it was on the ground for 5min tops

Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Any time I've ever lifted anything that was on it's side (dirtbikes, street bikes, rolled quads and side by sides) it has been the "squat/dead lift" technigue.
Stand on the tank/seat side, grab the bars and sub-frame bend at your knees and stand up. Similar to your first video but facing the the bike instead of away from it. You could always hit up the weight room to bulk up
Yeah that technique seems more possible then the one in the video...& maybe some squats but no weight room for me dont wana look like a dude lol!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Agnyte
Im 5'6. ..My friends picked it up easy but their both 6'3 &built so it could be that. Makes sence that its not good for it... Wanted to try it just to see if i could do it alone... Dont think its possible at this point esspecially grabbing it with my back against it...seemed easier when i was facing it but in the end still didnt get it up. Was a good work out though my legs ache today aghhh
i suppose being 6'2" 210, athletic build helps.....

Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Agnyte
Yeah that technique seems more possible then the one in the video...& maybe some squats but no weight room for me dont wana look like a dude lol!
I spend a lot of time in the weight room and find that most girls that lift are attractive. Of course not the ripped girls that are body builders and ripped and ****, but if you just work on toning your arms and especially your legs and butt, it will make you more attractive, stronger for your bike, and potentially more athletic. I also bench with several girls because they want to make their ***** bigger. Haha, little scared to get spotted by this one tho..

Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Last summer my bike's kickstand sunk in the sand and fell over. I was so PO'd and with my adrenaline going I lifted too fast and wasn't able to catch it while it fell over on the other side. I guess I just wanted to even out the scratches lol. I look back and laugh now but that was not a very good day for me.

Quick Reply: How to pick up a fallen motorcycle