Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Not To Get Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Not To Get Pulled Over

Thats a good point. Harleys require a lot of work.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:59 PM

I know in Ca specifically in San Jose where i reside they now have camaro pigs capable of doing upwards of 190 supposively with nitrous bottles and all the goodies. but in ca i know that the pursuit law is determined by the officer hmmm to pursue or stay here in the shade?? tis the question as for the crown vic's they top out at 135mph adn i know that my 600rr can do almost 50mph faster so good luck. then again anyone done that on a bumpy road?? exactly splat!! and when i go down I pray its not highsiding

Old 12-18-2005, 12:48 AM

A buddy of mine got pulled over at 103 in a 60.

He got a lawyer ($500), paid fines and court costs ($600). So all told it cost him $1,100 PLUS he got 1 year of probation, PLUS has to do community service. YIKES!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Retired Administrator

I do well over 100 in a 55.... all the time. I need help slowing down, but I don't want that type of help.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM

what can i do to make my 2005 600rr go as fast as the gxsr 1000. or at least keep up with them
[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Retired Administrator

You could slash the tires on the gixxer... or bolt in a 1000cc engine on your bike and then you'd be set.

If the gixxer is stock, you can change your gearing to try and keep up, but his top end will be better so if you're doing long straits... he'll still pull away. Why do you feel the need to keep up with a liter bike? Take your time, learn your bike and how to ride. Odds are you'll be able to take him on twisties then.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 AM

i agree with don just learn your bike and takem in the curves i ride with 2 gixxer 1000's and i can smokem in the curves and even stay out in front on the exits it's just those straights where you'll get reeled back in, if you want to keep up with a 1000 than buy a 1000 of your own that's about it unless u slash his tires like don said

Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 AM

Same story around here.....city police will not chase, however, county sherriffs and troopers will chase you untill you fall or they wreck (Davidson County sherriffs may even try to shoot your tires out). I had a simlar experience a week ago coming home around 10:00 at night on an empty straight, Clean, unbroken 4-lane highway and decided to see what she would do....I tucked, grabbed some throttle and in no time was at 140.....I went under an overpass and sure enough i glanced in the reirview(habit) and saw blue lights coming down the onramp...I held steady until i passed 2 more exits and the bluelights were out of sight, rolled off the throttle and took the ramp.......I got up the ramp, back across the bridge before i saw the blue-lights come into sight...

Before i get flamed, yes i know it was stupid......yes i have had friends killed on bikes and in cars......yes i have seen quite a few bike crashes live, up close, and in person (Myrtle Beach, SC) all with a great deal of carnage.....Yes most of my family is either police/fire/EMT.....

I do not indorse running from the cops, but i also will not just concede to an offense like that for one moment of poor judgement that endangers no-one but myself... I could have probably just as easily rolled off the throttle, pulled over on the shoulder, and cut the bike/lights off and chances are, the cop would have driven right past me at 100+mph......

Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM

Ive rode past a cop coming from the dragway going approx.100 mph or better on one wheel.I never saw him until I slowed down to crusing speed and he was right behind me with his lights on.Then it was two late he had my plate # so I pulled over.He had asked me for my license and reg. I then through out that my landlord was a police luitenant for the city if that would help any.He had then replied wernt you the same guy I pulled over last week giving me that same speech in a truck? DOWWWW!!!!Yes sir you had givin me a warning for to dark of tint on my windows.He then went back to his car for a good 5 min.came back and said I dont want pull you over again if so Im writing you a ticket and I dont care who you know.I figured it was worth a shot. and it worked.I guess the old saying is true it's not what you know it's who you know.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Fox
Banned

A few times on my commute to work down I-95, I came up on a crusier in the slow lane or the second to fast lane. On both occasions they waved me on... litterally. They rolled down the window and waved me forward. I just waved back to thank them. I think I was going a little over 85 mph indicated in a 55, so prob. actual speed of around 75. Most cages were going 65-70 (I'll always be going faster than the fastest cage, just for preference/safety).

Quick Reply: How Not To Get Pulled Over