Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Not To Get Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Not To Get Pulled Over

crazy stories but i have never seen a bike pulled over and most cops wave at me when i see them, i don't speed that much.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM
jim
Default Speeding

Dude don’t trust what a copper told you, last week a police man in the UK was charged for driving over 150mph ! he was testing his car apparently, if they got a car they will chase.
I personally pull over it aint worth the hassle

Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM

My story: I was just an hour away from home I was going bout100mph (road trip). I seen the statie on the other side of the cement baracade, last turn around about 2miles. I am thinking no way he'll catch me. so I slow down to respected speed. just in case. So abot 6 miles from Where I saw Him he now had his lights on, I pulled over. Same story with these exceptions:4th of july weekend, 3 tickets already in a yr means madatory court hearing, he asked why; I said I was paying attn. to the road, I only had my temps for about 2 months and he lives bout 15 min from where I do. He wrote it as my first ticket so I wouldn't have to goto court.(very nice of him) His comment was why did you pull over most of you guys run and I thought I wouldn't catch up to you. The truth is I was in the middle of nowhere so I had no where to go to.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:32 PM

I went out a day or two before christmas, and I'm just cruisin around the city looking at all the shoppers and winking at girls in their cars and stuff... anyways, I'm headed home on the 101 and just casually bobbing traffic at like 10 over. Next thing I know i split the middle and right lane, look over and read "SHERIFF" on the side of a cruiser. I don't think he saw me weaving traffic, but it being christmas and all he just gave me a little head nod.

Still freaked me out a bit cause I don't want a wreckless driving, so I hit the next exit and went home through side roads. Keep it to the back roads or the track, a few over and most cops will be cool, break a hundred on a highway and you'll get what's comin to ya.

my $.02

Old 12-28-2006, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

Yea that tends to give it aways but it doesn't matter because what they have on the radar is what counts. If they see u flying and slam on your brakes then they shoot you at the speed limit they cant do anything about it even though they knew in there mind you where speeding. But if they are mad enough they would keep an eye on you. I'm sure they dont care if you are out screwing around aways from everyone as long as you dont put others in danger and bothering people. Other than that they probably think its pretty sweet. Just my thought
actually, where im from, if they know you are speeding, but dont clock u...then they can ticket you for going 1 mph over the speed limit...something like 90 bux here

also...as far as 100+mph goes...it all depends on the department, the cop, and the area...i kno that alot of municiple(city) cops wont, or arent allowed by dept regulations, to give chase at those speeds....most wont even bother b/c they know they wont catch a sport bike and dont want to put ppl in danger by giving chase...on the other hands, if u r out on the open highway in CT, going 100+(most of CT is 55 or 65 on the highway)...and if u pass a state trooper on the same side of the road as u...he sure as hell will chase u down...those things are fast, and the state troopers here in CT are wayyy too proud to let a bike get away

as far as being friends w/ harley riding bike cops...im friends w/ a few of the cops in my town, 2 of which are/were bike cops in town...and one of them i actually took the MSF course w/. all of them ride harleys personally and in the dept...but, i do know of some dept's in the US that use the honda(i think ST1800P?) police bike

my .02