Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!

wve had alot of problems here also i dont want to put blame solely on the dealership or the mech. i know the techs only make the billable hr at probly $20 billable when the dealer is getting $95 an hr you cant make a livving like that. all the good techs around here have other jobs and do the work on the weekends and evenings.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm very, very lucky.

My local dealer (in a small town, but close to the DFW metroplex) is an honest, down to earth guy. He loves motorcycles.

If I order a Honda part before 2:45 pm, it is usually there the next day. When I order something else, like an accessory, the parts manager tells me where it is coming from and when it will be there. So far, they are batting 1000 on accuracy.

They run lots of specials in the service department (the two fulltime mechanicshave been there at least 2 years), you can watch them work on your bike if you want. You can make an appointment and they will be ready for you and get you in and out.

We have all heard stories wheresomebody buys a 1000rr for their first bike and they go out and kill themselves. My shop has a letter hanging on the wall from a mom and dad thanking the owner because the shop owner cancelled asale because the parents were buying the kid more than he could handle (based on experience, age, bike size, etc.). The shop owner refused to sell until the kidhad more riding experience. Lost sale, but the kid is still alive.

Maybe I am biased because they have treated me quite well, but they didnt treat me any different than anyone else.

Even won a Honda CRF50 in a drawing there!!

Apparently, we need more dealers like mine.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: volcomrr

ORIGINAL: supersnake83

ORIGINAL: volcomrr

I wouldn't really associate bad mechanical work to "Honda." It should be relative to those mechanics who are just lazy and dont wont to work. If you ever need to get something done to your bike, find a mechanic who is passionate about what they do and they'll usually give the best service.... or just do it yourself.

I about wet myself the other day when the local Honda dealership was doing a special for changing your oil which included a new oil filter and up to 4 quarts of oil.... for $35! Jeeze, I can get a gallon of Honda oil for $16 and a K&N oil filter for $12.... thats $28 and I get the enjoyment that its done right, and it only takes 15 minutes to do.
Where can you get a gallon of Honda oil for $16.00? I want to know.

Everywhere around here (and believe me, its only two places) that I know of that sells motorcycle oil wants about 7 - 8 bucks for a quart of 10W30.
Um, Honda Powersports and Action Cycle Honda both sell it for $16.... I take that back, $16.99 +tax.... Honda GN-4 motorcycle oil
my bike ran hotter with that oil. just spend the extra 10-15 and get motul with sum high ester

Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay.

I called the local Honda motorcycle dealership and they wanted either 4.99 for a qt. or 18.95 for 1 gallon. 12.95 for the oil filter.

Not bad and it is all Honda OEM.