Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!

Is this everywhere?

Honda shop A: I order parts, they say four to five days, took five weeks to get the parts.

Honda shop B: order parts, four to five days, i wait two weeks and tell them i want a refund and get the parts elsewhere. Take parts there to have them worked on and they have been there for two weeks and i ask them what the hell is going on and they still just say they have not gotten to it.

Honda shop C: Friend gets oil changed there. They dont tighten the drain plug back, riding in a group, plug comes out, three bikes behind him go down, two hospitalized, and three nearly totaled bikes. Same shop changes front tire for a friend, dont tighten front axle pinch bolts or axle bolt causing a wreck, totaled bike, and hospitalized friend. I know those both should have been avoided because those guys should have checked thier **** before they went riding, but none the less the shop ****ed them.

WTF is wrong with honda shops? Im about to never buy another honda ever!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!

yeh, our local stealer ship I well known for sucking bawls too.

Its a chain reaction, a ****ty, purely profit minded company pisses off any good honest mechanics that care about what they are doing so they quit. The ones that stay probably don't give a sh** about the companies policies and just want to get paid, or are young, stupid and can't afford to quite because they need a job and probably wouldn't get hired at a reputable shop because they aren't qualified yet.

There are good shops out there, you just have to find them, and they probably aren't going to be dealerships.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 PM

I wouldn't really associate bad mechanical work to "Honda." It should be relative to those mechanics who are just lazy and dont wont to work. If you ever need to get something done to your bike, find a mechanic who is passionate about what they do and they'll usually give the best service.... or just do it yourself.

I about wet myself the other day when the local Honda dealership was doing a special for changing your oil which included a new oil filter and up to 4 quarts of oil.... for $35! Jeeze, I can get a gallon of Honda oil for $16 and a K&N oil filter for $12.... thats $28 and I get the enjoyment that its done right, and it only takes 15 minutes to do.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: volcomrr

I wouldn't really associate bad mechanical work to "Honda." It should be relative to those mechanics who are just lazy and dont wont to work. If you ever need to get something done to your bike, find a mechanic who is passionate about what they do and they'll usually give the best service.... or just do it yourself.

I about wet myself the other day when the local Honda dealership was doing a special for changing your oil which included a new oil filter and up to 4 quarts of oil.... for $35! Jeeze, I can get a gallon of Honda oil for $16 and a K&N oil filter for $12.... thats $28 and I get the enjoyment that its done right, and it only takes 15 minutes to do.
Where can you get a gallon of Honda oil for $16.00? I want to know.

Everywhere around here (and believe me, its only two places) that I know of that sells motorcycle oil wants about 7 - 8 bucks for a quart of 10W30.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM

ok, i have to agree with both of you, I was just really pissed off when posted. I have some good mechs that i go to for most things(not oil changes or tire change bullsnot, i can do that myself). All honda shops have ever done to me is make me wait forever for parts, and now service. This time i needed a sleve made and couldnt do it on my own and i dont know any good metal machinests around here so i just let their local guy take a crack at it and after two weeks a one hour job is still not done. I was just thinking about all the guys that went the hospital over the summer and those three guys and that honda shop came to mind and then all the other times i had trouble with honda shops too. I have also had problems with chevy dealers and toyota dealers too so im not surprised, just frustrated.

and yea^ is that full synthetic oil? were charged around $10 a quart around here for full syn 10-40.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$7.00-$8.00 for regular cycle oil.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM

I had a bad experiance when I took my bike in for the year end oil change. When I got there I was expecting a bill about $60 bucks can. Well the total bill was $120 bucks. then the guy hands me a new filter and says I'm going to have to change it, that the mechanic doesn't have the right wrench to take the old one off. WTF I managed to take it off with a screw driver and a hammer.

The problem is, lots of these shops don't have proper mechanics anymore. That there full of apprentices people who might have good mechanical aptitude, but can't handle the fast pace these shops are under.

I too am no longer looking at buying a new Honda

Old 01-20-2009, 06:28 PM

^ i would borrow a wrench and drain the oil in the parking lot, load the bike and leave them sitting with that bill. screw that.

you might be right about the fast pace stuff. when i do stuff i go slow and do it right and have never been stranded by any fault of my own. I supposed if i was under pressure and time constraints it might be different, i doubt it, but maybe.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Iwork at a honda dealer doing mechanic work and selling parts part time

Iwill admit that it does take a while to get things done sometimes, but that's bc some shops like to order every special order part they need at the end of the week, our shop doesn't do that.As far as the shotty workmanship that is totally dealer specific. I know our shop has had a lot of turnover at the mechanic position bc they aren't very big and you get paid by the job, so it's hard to make a living at certain times of the year. I know as long as I've been there no one has ever had a complaint about anything I've turned a wrench on. We've got a 4 wheeler in the shop now that's been there for 3 months, the reason for this is we went by the shop manual and couldn't find any problems. Come to find out the shop manual was incorrect on the shift motor testing voltage.

Also I guess I am an "apprentice" bc I'm only half way done with my motorcycle mechanics program. You might get that at a few shops, but not everyone in that role can't handle their job.
I will agree with you that many of said apprentices won't have the proper tools for the job, but at any good Honda shop they'll have hundreds of Honda Specialty tools, 3+ of which are 3/8 drive oil filter sockets. They just need to know they're there.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: supersnake83

ORIGINAL: volcomrr

Where can you get a gallon of Honda oil for $16.00? I want to know.

Everywhere around here (and believe me, its only two places) that I know of that sells motorcycle oil wants about 7 - 8 bucks for a quart of 10W30.
Um, Honda Powersports and Action Cycle Honda both sell it for $16.... I take that back, $16.99 +tax.... Honda GN-4 motorcycle oil

Quick Reply: Honda shops blow nuts!?!?!