Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Home Audio

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Home Audio

Just remember man, you only got half the system. (Complete Quintet systems are supposed to be coupled with the 10 or 12-inch subwoofer) They are great speakers, and sound amazing, but that is also to do with their incredible subwoofers. When you are ready, I would definitely recommend picking up one of those (either the 10 or 12-inch) Other than that, they are going to sound amazing.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bose speakers suck. Klipsch, Boston Acostic are great. Alot of it is personal preference and
what kind of music do you listen to as well as what is your primary use? Audio or Video. Yamaha
receivers are good if you get the discrete output transformers (I don't think best buy carries the
upper end line of Yamaha). Sony ES, Denon, Onkyo all good stuff. The regular line of Sony is
bad..ie the kind Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears....carries. Marantz is good too. Just make sure
any reciever you get has HD video switching capability.
Anyway, thats my 2 cents. Also the quintet is a sub/surround system. For surround speakers
(anything but the front two primary speakers) you always want to use full range (speakers
that play full range of audio without use of a sub).

Old 06-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

i have 3 way floor speakers for my main Left and Right, cerwin vega 3 way 12' inch, i also have a 10 inch and a 12 inch subwoofer

Old 06-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Banned

speakers came today.... quick shipping from best buy warehouse.. but should be for more then 20 bucks, but well worth it.. very good package, good quality speakers, nice heavy duty design with a pivoting ball stand/mount, took a little while to set all 4 on the walls after i took down the old ones, but got them up there adn they sound pretty damn good... xm radio is clearer, classical/jazz sounds great, HDTV is very good, watched a bit of a basketball game.. just have to wait for netflix to send me some more movies and i can fully test them out, well thanks for help and i think this was a good decision for the money, now........ off to upgrade the living room setup.... hmm might wanna save some money for this one...

Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 AM

I have a Denon AVR3600 that was the sh*t back when 5.1 was the thing. $1800.00 just for the receiver. I also have Definitive speakers with a 15" sub that will rattle your fillings loose...All this just sitting around 'cause I'm too lazy to crawl under the house to run my wires. I am enjoying the 50" Sony HD and Blue-Ray on the PS3 though...
RB