Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help a Marine out please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help a Marine out please...

I have pics of the damage. I will try to post them later.I know this is going to be " he said-she said" game. All that was told to me that it was in excellent condition and had been in a minor accident. I was remembering some other things that day when I took it to the mechanic. He also said he had a dealer fix it and put "new plastics" on it. They are aftermarket plastics too. The ltz never had RED plastics. Just yellow or white I can recall. So now I am on a mission to find out what dealer would have serviced this bike during 03- present time frame. How would I go about that? As of right now I would not know. I guess call every dealer in his geographical location. Thats all I can think of right now. Do dealers write down the vin # of a bike when they fix it? Or just the persons name. Yes I understand this could be a learning point. It all goes back to say IF I did take it out that sunday afternoon as planned with my wife and her atv. I was riding hard and the weakened frame gave away causing serious bodily harm or death. Then who is to blame? You all have valid points. I appreciate the feedback. Yes I learned they are very dishonest people out there and willing to pounce on the next prey to make a quick buck.

I am here to hang that bastard that thinks they can get away with it. Right now he thinks he is getting away with it. He really thinks I am going to press the issue. He also said that on the phone. He has another thing coming his way.

If I end up "stuck" with the p.o.s. then i will just sell it for like 1500 and be up front. I know someone has some outstanding welding skills that would look at it and say hell ya I can fix that. I am not that trustworthly of someone elses work. That is just me.

Thanks

Old 03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Retired Moderator

Hate to hear it, Devil dog! I hope Tahoe is right, and the guy will reap what he sows, butthat doesn't fix your ride. It may sound stupid, but everything holds a lesson. I'll bet next time you will be more dilligent during inspectionbefore buying something. I am the same way asyou (in this case). I will take someone at their word. Hell, you could probably sell it to me for what you spent if you told me it was fixed. Good luck to you...truly.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 AM

Take a buddy dressed all nice to his house. have the buddy act as a lawyer with some paper work... When a dealership wrecked the lip on the front of my car, and refused to pay for it thats what I did. Needless to say when my "lawyer" was involved I had a new lip painted and in my hands later that week...