Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

havoc V2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by pacemaker
My old 81 Guzzi Monza is sitting in a friends garage, unregistered & unridden & unloved.
Sold it to him maybe 10 years ago (geez make the 15 years) & he is always trying to sell back to me. She is still in pretty good condition, although the seat is starting to show signs of age & is splitting (no big deal). She looks a little weird compared to to-days modern bikes, but get her into the E's & with the sound of the Conti exhausts reverberating off the sandstone, it's heaven on a stick. I'm always tempted to buy her back, but there is no room for her & I'm already in a long term relationship

you just dont understand how many peeps here wood kill to have that Guzzi...dont walk...run go get yer baby back pace...

Old 12-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bambam
you just dont understand how many peeps here wood kill to have that Guzzi...dont walk...run go get yer baby back pace...
Ya, it'd be in high demand here too. Drexel, UPenn and Temple campuses. Bikes like that are more fashionable than iPhones

Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, well here's the rub, There is a guy (used to be a riding buddy), bought himself an MV Augusta last year & he has this sitting in his folks garage (albeit with a scuffed left pipe) & would probably be convinced to sell it, my 1986 MK1V, so go figure.....

Name:  GuzziLeMans005.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  189.5 KB

I'm sure that my Morini 500 & Beemers are probably still out there to somewhere (this could get expensive)
I guess what I'm saying here, that it's great for Havoc, but there where reasons why I moved on from these bikes (some good, some really stupid), sure it would be good to own the old beast again, but it had a killer seating position (clip on's,) suspension that was so rigid you bum was always off the seat & a great habit of dropping a gear, usually while you went into a corner & it ate throttle cables, usually on Sundays & more than 20 kay's from home.
Oh & a clutch (dry) that required either steroids or cans of spinach to use.

Last edited by pacemaker; 12-15-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grass is always greener on the other side pace....yer right , we move on for certain reasons and that is that , i have had some old hotrod cars that had some very agrivating problems and i woodnt want them back at all , even tho my interest is resparked when i see my old cars on the road.