Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

havoc V2.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default havoc V2.0

so ive been MIA for awhile now. not having a bike made it easy not to be here.
well the other week my fiance said we could sell our car (because i was making a nice profit from it) and buy a bike for my birthday present. well since its our only vehicle it would be totally irresponsible for me to buy only a bike and not another car, so i found her a nice auto integra for her to drive.. and i got my bike... here is where the story begins.

1997 honda cbr f3. all black with a shorty yoshi exhaust and flush mounts. clean title around 30,xxx miles. 1400 and needed a battery. the bike when i saw it reminded me of my very 1st cbr i ever owned ( a all black 97 with yoshi and flush mounts) i think which is why i was so attracted to it. so after talking with the girl who owned it i decided to buy it. i take it home and something is really bothering me about this bike.. to many little details are the same as my 1st bike. so i pull my records and sure enough matching VIN#'s and LP's .

i've boughten back my very 1st motorcycle ! apparently after the guy i sold it to owned it he sold it to a girl who painted it pink/silver who then sold it to the girl i bought it from who painted over the pink and silver with spray can black. the bike has been downed since i sold it. but only some light road rash nothing too major. overall kept in decent condition. she had nice black paint when i sold it and a full can yoshi (its now been chopped , which is something i wouldve done anyways lol)

its an amazing experience to be able to buy back your 1st love. this is the bike that i really learned to ride on and got me addicted to motorcycling. its the reason ive owned 6 honda cbr's and the reason i joined this forum. i cant wait till im of work and hop on her and take her out for the 1st time since i bought her back unknowingly. she has been sitting while i tore her down and inspected her. after being gone for so long i couldnt trust anything for granted. especially since she had neon lights installed and some how the flush mount turn signals we hooked up backwards...*sigh* but the chain and sprockets are good, fork selas are good and carbs look fine.

so once again, Hello everyone my name is Robert i own a 97 cbr f3 and im a rider year round and life long.

~Havoc

Old 12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great story & outcome, reunited with your 1st love. it got to be Karma, glad your back in the saddle. If only she had a voice, what a tale she would tell.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM

That's WILD....

Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 PM

wow. thats pretty amazing. Im pretty sure my first bike has been trashed a long time ago.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 PM

your joking right? you bought your first bike?! amaaaaaaaaazing!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job?

I'm a bit hesitant on the congrats cause I'd hate to get my bike back some time down the road...

And find out someone painted her PINK!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 PM

Kind of reminds me of the "if you love it, set it free....."

Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story! Congrats on getting *your* bike back.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

thanks guys , i just got back from the 1st ride and i've noticed that she just doesnt feel the same. now i dont wanna compare it to getting back with a ex youre still in love with and finding out she has been sleepin around but damn things just dont feel the same.

now granted my last few bikes have all been big bikes (900,929,busa,r1..etc) so getting back on an F series feels strange but very comfy lol i think i may just need to give her some time and re do the body work , clean her up some more and get her lookin like the pretty bike i know she can be. so here is how she looked about 2 years ago when i 1st bought her.

Quick Reply: havoc V2.0