Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have you ever ridden with sandals/flip flops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever ridden with sandals/flip flops?

Name:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  128.1 KB
Name:  squids.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  25.5 KB

Look mom with no brains!!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:08 PM

I once went down my drivewayin flip-flops - which is gravel and about 1/8 mile. I don't think I had a shirt on either, and I know there was no helmet. I'm such a bad ***.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Okay, there is a diffrence in my book about going two blocks to get milk or going 60 mile to hit twistys. 2 blocks should have a helmet, but not required. 60 miles requires full gear.

~Adam
Do you realize most deaths from no helmets occur just running to the store for milk etc where the rider 'thought' they were safe???? like 5miles from the house.

local to town runs I dont wear my leather pants, just jeans. The rest of the gear you can bet $$ I got on even if its just the 2 miles to the gas station or the lil <35mph run thru the nieghborhood.

I been down, it hurts regardless how close you are to home or how slow you're going.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Defensive driving is the biggest factor. Very seldom do I run without my coat and helmet, so I do cover myself. I'm not saying that "it won't happen to me" I'm just saying that in a town of little over 4000 people, the environment is pretty safe and controled. If I was going to a store in a huge city, I can see why there would be so much concern.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 PM

i think it's hilarious that you guys all rant and rave about squids not wearing gear. Those picture about 4 posts up aren't that squidly unless your an old man, hell i ride in t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, and a helmet on a daily basis. It's how i get to work.

I think half the people all geared up are straight up just posers so they feel they can rip on us hardcore riders who don't wear full gear all the time. Let's face it, if you live in a hot place and you ride everywhere you go.....the gear just isn't worth the hassel. I'll scratch my hide, these things are dangerous period! I don't think it's gonna matter whether or not your wearing a jacket or a t-shirt when a car t bones ya.

That being said, if i'm hopping on the interstate or going distance i gear up. Other than that i wear what i'm wearing a helmet, that's it!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:49 PM

I started out riding with a Joe Rocket mesh jacket, leather/mesh gloves, jeans, regular Doc Martin leather shoes, and of course a helmet.

I now ride with my Red Wing boots, (those things are comfortable, but I'm still getting used to the different shift feel) a heavy leather jacket, heavier leather gloves, helmet, and jeans.

I have two kids and just don't feel the need to disfigure myself in the quest to look cool. However, I have run up to the corner plaza for lunch at work with only my helmet on and not other gear. It's like 100 yards to the light, then down the street another 200 yards to the plaza.

The upside of gear is that the girls do like it most times and when you have the dark visor you can catch plenty of women staring and they don't know you caught them.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: rsracer

i think it's hilarious that you guys all rant and rave about squids not wearing gear. Those picture about 4 posts up aren't that squidly unless your an old man, hell i ride in t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, and a helmet on a daily basis. It's how i get to work.

I think half the people all geared up are straight up just posers so they feel they can rip on us hardcore riders who don't wear full gear all the time. Let's face it, if you live in a hot place and you ride everywhere you go.....the gear just isn't worth the hassel. I'll scratch my hide, these things are dangerous period! I don't think it's gonna matter whether or not your wearing a jacket or a t-shirt when a car t bones ya.

That being said, if i'm hopping on the interstate or going distance i gear up. Other than that i wear what i'm wearing a helmet, that's it!
Yes, because it is much harder to throw on a jacket and suffer a little heat then it is to pick gravel embedded in your skin out. I know when I throw on my jacket and gloves, it's just so that I can find squids and laugh at them while I ride off in my gear. (Because i'm a poser like that)

Your arguements against wearing gear on a daily bases are idiotic, and sounds like something a 16 year old kid would shoot off. Infact, wearing your gear and getting T-boned is going to have better results assuming you survive it, then when you are in your t-shirt and shorts leaving your skin on the pavement for about 15 feet. I hope sooner or later you have enough brains to start wearing gear, and hopefully it's sooner and not later for you.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM

I ride everwhere i go... and when i got hit by a mercedes, I was "just on my way to school." If i wasn't wearing my gear, I would have faired a lot worse than having to buy a new helmet.

I honostly don't care if squiddies wear their gear or not... It's their skin their lives... let the dumbasses get skin graphs... just laugh and say i told you so after.