Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have you ever ridden with sandals/flip flops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever ridden with sandals/flip flops?

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Well, there was the time I rode about 70mph in nothing but scooby doo boxers but that wasn't by choice.

Mike

^^ Uhhmmmmmm care to elaborate? ^^
You didn't hear?.... Well here's the middle part of the story. I had quite a long stretch of bad luck happen to me for a while, I hope it's over now.

https://cbrforum.com/m_568476/tm.htm

Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 AM

I don't even wear sandales when I'm not on the bike so hell no I have never rode with them. I always ride with jacket, helmet, gloves, Icon shin/knee protectors, but alway have my shell toes on. I know know about the whole boot thing, but I have never liked riding boots of any kind and never wore then whenI rode dity eaither.

I seen alot of riders in just jeans and tee's this weekend. Even alot in shorts as well. I was sweating my *** of at times, but I felt safe and sweat washes off-road rash does not.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

I don't even wear sandales when I'm not on the bike so hell no I have never rode with them. I always ride with jacket, helmet, gloves, Icon shin/knee protectors, but alway have my shell toes on. I know know about the whole boot thing, but I have never liked riding boots of any kind and never wore then whenI rode dity eaither.

I seen alot of riders in just jeans and tee's this weekend. Even alot in shorts as well. I was sweating my *** of at times, but I felt safe and sweat washes off-road rash does not.
htf ya get any feed back thru those type of boots?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:24 AM

Nope. I feel weird if I go out without the bottom half of my leathers.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Here is what the driver was wearing, but of course in hot pink

Just wearing a scube mask... hmm. At this point, is there a need to protect a brain that is malfunctioning that severely? At least it was tempered glass .

Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 AM

I think I may have in the past to run to a store or something, not something that clearly remember.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM

lol ive done shorts maybe twice cuz i was in a rush like no tomorrow but that was it never do it again cuz its gonna hurt like hell when i fall

Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM

my squidlyness consists of the days i dont wear my jacket, which is rarely.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM

I graduated away from squidliness in levels. First, there was me and my Rebel 250. Had a helmet from day one. The usual outfit was thick "work" jeans and a t-shirt. As time went on, on my own accord, I got gloves. Not nice gloves, but some Mechanix gloves. Free, and better than nothing. From there, I got a present from my parents as an early x-mas gift... a nice Firstgear mesh jacket. I wore that thing 90% of the time, hot or cold, from there on. Next was "short" style A* gloves with actual armor in them... then I got my CBR.

From there, after joining forums and doing my own research, I got full gauntlet-style A* GP-Plus gloves... that I then purchased a full one-piece (only wear it once in a while + any track/crazy riding day) and some A* boots. I wear the boots most everytime I go riding, even back and forth to work. I purchased a full leather jacket and now bionic A* knee protectors.

It's amazing how it all developed. I think I wore shorts on my rebel a time or two... but just a piece of sand or two and I was done with that mess. I think I wore sandals once when I rode the rebel down a 10mph road at a campground from my lodge place to the swimming dock. I'd skinned my foot wearing sandals on my bicycle when I was a kid... that wasn't happening on a motorcycle.

With each piece of armor (or if in full leathers), I feel "better". I get weird images of what it'd be like to crash... knowing that demin jeans are known to last 8 feet worth of abrasion resistance on concrete. At 20mph, I saw a bike wreck and slide about 30 feet. Now, if I'm going anywhere that matters, it's jacket, knee protectors, boots, gloves, and helmet.

I'll still squid it out in jeans, shoes, and a t-shirt... but only when I'm working on the bike. Out dirty and sweating, adjust the brake lever, something like that, then take a roll around the block checking comfort and fitment. If it's something that requires excessive speed to test (actual brake checking, gears, high-rpm power commander adjustments, etc), then I'll gear up.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM

i have worn flip flops. hell i wore my house slippers the other day.

And i didnt even die!

Quick Reply: Have you ever ridden with sandals/flip flops?