Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hate my job ( vent thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hate my job ( vent thread)

If you're making good money, just do what they tell you to do and don't worry about it, he's the boss and you're working for him. It could be a lot worse, I worked in the shop for 7 years and I had a good boss, but I also didn't get any benefits either, plus I basically ran the whole shop by myself, I was a tech, mechanic, secretary, and the boss sometimes. I've made some calls that he didn't like and I didn't think he was right, but I did it anyways cause he was the boss. Now I am in the police academy and they curse you out for every little detail, forgot to shave 20 push ups, your hair is not perfect, 20 push ups, you're pants aren't perfect, 30 push ups, sometimes they just don't like your face and make you do 50 push ups, they talk **** about everybody in my class, can't say nothing back, it's just life. You have to develop a thick skin, that's the only option.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:29 PM

dude just call the BBB and do an anonymouns whistle blower. that's ****ed up if your boss is telling you to fix that. looks like a new crank and maybe a new engine to me...

what you should do is call the customer and have him look at it before you do any work.

After all, the customer signs your paycheck and can fire anyone in the company. From the chairman on down. -Sam Walton

Old 04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

Damn that sucks... nasty as people don't take care of stuff. Telephone and cable people have to crawl around in some nasty *** customer sh*t too... sucked.

I so know exactly what you mean, I worked for a custom cabinet shop for a few years and during that time, the shop changed hands.Sucked...

Old 04-14-2008, 09:03 AM

I remember having to deal with all of that back when I was still wrenching (not that it was that long ago! haha). The difference was, I wasn't getting paid worth anything. Maybe you'll keep trying to "persuade" him after a few failures to come around to your kind of thinking.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM

here's what i used to do whenever I hated my blue collar job. I said to myself "work is work" - even if work sucks because of stupid management, who cares? Sure it's not FUN to work for a moron and obviously this guy needs a new engine or at least much more major repair than what you have been asked to do. But is it your problem that the guys car is going to break again? Nope. You won't get fired, you'll just be asked to do more work. They won't pay you less the 2nd time you work on the guys car, if anything you will get some respect from your manager for being vocal now that there will need to be more work done and when it comes back you can give him a "I told you so" look.

The way I see it, when I'm at work - I just do what is asked of me, and I do it to the best of my ability. It's not MY problem until they start taking away my weekends and after hours, but now that I've been here for a while I can push that stuff on to the n00bs :-)

keep your chin up, and if you REALLY hate it - quit, there are PLENTY of jobs out there for qualified people...