Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!

***OK, so I felt a bit bad about my rant, and now decided to just make a pure dislike thread.Show'n'Tellyour hatred here but, please, let's be adults (ie. no racial profiling, given political views [unless pun intended!]. If you feel as if what you want to say here doesn't belong, it probably doesn't and you should go speak to a professional [&:]***

*Warning these are my views and you probably won't agree with them. Aaaand this has been beaten to death on here I know.*

Ride sportbikes (more commonly Suzukis and R6s) and are riding like idiots. Oh, and they don't wear gear/helmets.

I found myself yesterday sitting in my car at a stop light behind a fa&&ot guido on an R6 in a cutoff. In between the throttling that he is doing trying to show off in front of a McDonald's, I was attempting to yell out my window that he is a loser. Literally. I was sticking my head out the window screaming 'Loser'. I realize that I probably looked like an idiot myself, but I could care less, and despise morons who make us look bad.

I'm sorry, but it infuriates me that idiots are allowed to purchase/ride motorcycles and don't even know how to ride. Here's the honest-to-god truth too: when I'm walking with my jacket on, and carrying my gloves and helmet (I work in a mall, and I ride to almost everyday), I constantly see other riders that are just walking around the mall with just gloves on, or just a helmet with shorts and a t-shirt, and other awful combinations. Now, when I see them approaching, I'm readying my response of "Don't talk to me about bikes, skin crayon" or "You're fu(k1n& lame, get some gear idiot". They challenge me by saying something stupid like "You probably ride a 250!". At this point I just laugh and walk away, and I've told that to guys 2 times my size. I can handle myself, and I've never 'let my mouth write a check my butt can't cash', so honestly, these idiots never take it any further, and if they did, I'd embarrass them.

It's always nice to see the ones wearing the jacket and helmet in 90 degree heat, and I give my utmost respect to my fellow riders that do.

I just had to vent my anger and frustration. Oh and by the way, I always wear at minimum a textile jacket/helmet/gloves/jeans/shoes, so maybe I'm being hypocritical to a certain extent. I just hate idiots.

I'll shutup now.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Default RE: I Hate/Despise/Loathe people that.

all i have to say about that is that everyone has the learning curve. soon enough everyone will learn
a) where your gear all the time cause you never know
b) riding is not for them cause there is to much pain involved when your a dumbass and they move on to making someone elses passion look bad

Old 08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered Users

i'll just stay simple and short...i agree with you 100000000% (i know that's not a number)

short story...i finally felt like a true respectable rider about a month back...i had to ride my bike to my new house in the burbs from downtown to chicago....i did my best to try and miss traffic, but it was a friday and it started early...long story short, it was about 92 degrees out, i was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic due to a cubs game and had over an hour drive....actually probably longer (and you know just sitting on your bike as it gets hotter in bumper to bumper makes it feel like an eternity)....i knew it was hot, i knew i was going to be in traffic and yet i STILL put on my boots, put on my jeans (pants are next), put on my leather, put on my helmet, put on my gloves and i sweated my *** off...i was dripping sweat IN my helment...but i knew...it was the right thing and responsible thing to do....

it sucked, but when i got home, i knew i did the right thing....i saw some a-holes in shorts and a tshirt and sunglasses and i just thought, must be nice....sure you're cool (air-wise), but if you get bumped...you're a skin crayon (i like that!!)....being a real rider means doing what's right even if you don't want to or it would be easier not to...

Old 08-26-2008, 03:42 PM

Exactly, sweating in my gear is a no brainer.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

I hate/despise/loathe these 'wear your gear' threads, but I guess it is better than a 'which slip-on' should I get or 'do I need a power commander?' thread.

Oh yeah, wear your gear.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:54 PM

since this thread is open you know what i ****ing hate. i ****ing hate posers. there is nothing that i hate more than meeting someone that says we should go for a ride one of these days. then you take them up on it. meet them at there place cause they insist that they show you everyone of they're roommates rides and all toys in the garage (including the ****ing lawnmower.......come on). so after an hour of showing you ****, to try to convince you that they are cool, you finally walk down the drive way where you pulled up next to they're bike thats been running and warming up the whole time that they've been "showing you ****". only to get all geared to ride around the corner where they need to stop and get gas. at the gas station they park the bike where it will get the most viewage. they jump off the bike and start talking some ****ing more, as they pose next to the bike in the "BITCHES FLOCK TO ME NOW" POSE.

really dont like those guys

Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM

i dont always wear a leather coat but i always wear helmet and gloves. I am about the only one of the people i ride with that do. but +1 on the flakes that only have their bike to try and get bitches. I have never gotten a peicew of *** because of my bike...that isnt quality *** anyway.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont actually hate them but there are several reasons why I want people to wear their gear.
Ive had enough friends over the years that have either been killed or injured bad enough to wish that they where. 2nd, Joe public sees the guys not wearing gear (or behaving like dicks) & then assumes that every other rider is in the same category. 3rd, this assumption, together with the amount of injuries/fatalities, raises insurance premiums. 4th, Turns away or makes it harder for potential new riders.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: rider0033

all i have to say about that is that everyone has the learning curve. soon enough everyone will learn
a) where your gear all the time cause you never know
b) riding is not for them cause there is to much pain involved when your a dumbass and they move on to making someone elses passion look bad
I hear you there. I crashed my CRF50 doing a wheelie and i'm on week 2 of recovering from the rash i got going maybe 8mph but I was wearing shorts ;(

wont do that again lol

Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word, I shoulda been wearing my gear, wouldnt have the "skin crayon". I am now a believer. I will always wear it from now on. Dont care how short the trip is or how damn hot it is, this just isnt worth the pain and suckiness of the whole situation. also know who i hate - People who ride soprtbikes and act like their little group is better than anyone else. I understand having your little posse of guys you ride and hang with, but dont snub someone else just cause you dont know them.

Quick Reply: Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!