Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sorry got 2 vent

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry got 2 vent

why is it evertime i ride i get asked the same question, when am i going to get a real bike. went riding last night with my brother in law and a few other relatives who by the way all own Harley's. i quess if u dont own a Harley its not a real bike. whats even funnier as we where going down the road at about 40 mph my brother in law with his 09 harley street glide shifted into 4th gear looks over at me an says hay u ever shift that ****in thing? to me a harley is a 20,000 dollar compressor with wheels. i just dont know why people think the only real bike is a harley. even people who dont ride think that way,sorry to beat a dead horse but it just pisses me off.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alleycat
why is it evertime i ride i get asked the same question, when am i going to get a real bike. went riding last night with my brother in law and a few other relatives who by the way all own Harley's. i quess if u dont own a Harley its not a real bike. whats even funnier as we where going down the road at about 40 mph my brother in law with his 09 harley street glide shifted into 4th gear looks over at me an says hay u ever shift that ****in thing? to me a harley is a 20,000 dollar compressor with wheels. i just dont know why people think the only real bike is a harley. even people who dont ride think that way,sorry to beat a dead horse but it just pisses me off.
I think most people on here can relate. I've gotten it plenty. In the end, you do what's right for you. And if they can't get over that, f*ck em. It doesn't matter what they think about your bike.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM

Harley had some of the best advertisers in the world. How in the heck can you sell so many bikes that are inferior on so many levels? Its pretty easy. Just strike the core of every American alive. Made in the USA.

Its kind of funny though. Damn near all of Harley's accesories are made in China. But they overlook that. Harley's are becoming more and more assembled in the USA, not made in the USA. But you cant tell that to the hard core Harley guy.

Its funny. I rode with a guy last year a few times that had a Buel. There were about 5 of us just stopped off at a gas station to refuel, and here comes this guy on a Buel. The first words out of his mouth..."why dont you guys ride a real sportbike". After we stopped laughing, we envited him to ride with us. He tagged along for a few rides. Before the end of summer, he was selling his Buel, he went out and bought an R1 before he even sold his Buel. Ignorant people dont even realize they are.

I still love this one.

"The most effective source of turning fuel in noise without the side effects of horsepower".. or something like that.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Buels are great for doing things like the MSF course, it sucked doing that on my F4i with some of the required tightass turns. Outside of that, I am with you guys on this. Every one I work with has harleys and when asked why I don't get one my response is why pay 3-4 times the price when I can get as good as a ride with lower mainenance cost out of a honda.

Last edited by bd2002F4i; 04-24-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:52 PM

I was at a Bar a couple months ago and there were a bunch of bikers there and they all belonged to one of the bigger gangs. I got to talking to them and they asked if I rode - I told them yes but that I rode one of the jap bikes. While they certainly weren't looking to get any Japanese bikes into their group they acknowledged that they were cool with anyone who rode regardless of what pedigree....

Made an impression on me, and truthfully, I haven't run into anyone so far who wasn't either a Motorcycle rider, or not. Regardless of brand, people around here don't seem to care.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Originally Posted by alleycat
why is it evertime i ride i get asked the same question, when am i going to get a real bike.
Tell them to ask you that when you are flying past them in third while their hog is puttering at the top of 5th.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:41 PM

idk why they think that
it doesnt really bother me tho because i rode my buddies street bob and it was so boring
idk how you can have fun on those, and i dont need to do 100+ to have fun, it just accelerates slower, you can weave around, and i personally dont find them very comfortable, despite the fact theyre supposed to be mroe comfortable than sport bikes.

i wouldnt let it bother you, as long as you want a sportbike nothing they say about harleys being better shouldnt really get under your skin. the thing that bothers me more than that is when other sport bike riders, or ppl without bikes ask you that because you dont have a 1000

Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 AM

wow i have do disagree with a lot of your guys in here who to me seem to just make stuff up as you go along.

i have rode with a lot of guys sport and cruisers. i have a lot of friends who ride Harleys and ill tell you what although they loved to poke fun of the f4i when i had it they were great guys and it was in just good humor and i would get a laugh at it. i think the problem is sport bike guys cant take a joke. i love to poke at my friends who drive import cars ( i have a camaro) and tell them why dont you buy a real car. but i do it just in good fun. ill tell you something else when my bike broke down on the side of the road it was a group of harlys that stopped and help me get it going not a bunch of sport bikes.

as for the the comment about riding a Harley is all about image and a sport bike is about the experience im calling bull**** on this right away. i think each type of bike is a different riding experience. not every one wants to go fast and bang through the Connors. some times its just about going out and enjoying the ride and senorie and going out some where for fun. i dont say how you cant say sport bike riders arnt about image when most of them dont even ride the bikes like there meant to be ridden and are so uncomfortable to sit on its not funny. i sat on an 09 600rr and to me riding that for 2 hours would be more torture then fun. so if your just riding that back and forth to school or work or cruising around a city with it your doing it for image not for the fun of riding in my opinion.

im not on either side on this i am completly unbiased becuase to be honest i love hondas and harleys and i love riding both sport bikes and cruiser to me it just a different experience and you chose a bike for the purpose your using it for not how it looks or to brag about speed.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in a place wher my boss and his son have harleys they make me park mine in back. pisses me off everytme i decided id let the son ride mine so maybe hed understand he gets out on it and i hear him shifting at 5 grand comes back and says its slow. i rode his harley and came back after a hundrec yards it was a 78 low rider and felt like riding a chuunk of i beam unrefined. maybe its just cause i grew up on dirt bikes but its just not my thing and i understand mine isnt his thing but i dont go around telling riders of old harleys what i think of them. all i know is i dont have to worry about mine rattling itself to pieces while im riding it.

Quick Reply: sorry got 2 vent