Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GUN DEBATE Please read before you jump in.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GUN DEBATE Please read before you jump in.

People only want guns to try and be badasses. What would have happened if you didnt have a gun in that situation, Backtalk? Your bike would have been stolen. Big friggin deal. You report it, and both car plates, get compensated and life goes on. You pulling your gun out makes the problem even worse, you could have easily been killed or you would have killed someone else. Even though a thief, he doesnt deserve to die, why should you decide?

I said it in the last post, guns are for sissies. You REALLY think you need to take the law in your own hands? That thought only creates more violence and encourages thieves to carry more guns.

You put your gun on like your pants? Think about that statement for a good long minute. Thats psychotic. Maybe i should strap on a bastard sword every morning just incase i need one. Better to have and not need, right? Pfft. Who are you trying to kid, you dont need one, you just WANT one for many psychological shortcomings.

Thanks for contributing to make my country the most unsafe in the world.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:27 PM

This topic really fires me up, bad pun, for some reason. I cant understand why people think they need to be all 007. You dont have a license to kill. Stop kidding yourself. If i ever get into a confrontation with someone and he flashes his concealed weapon i swear i am going to punch them in the face and dare them to shoot me. You obviously have it with you for SOME reason. None of them are good enough to warrant shooting and killing a man.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:14 PM

Wow Flip. Your really harshing me for some reason. It's ok though. That is what this post is all about. I'm a big boy and you have the wright to say what you want. That is why living in the USA is so great. However I question your comment and I quote: " Stop kidding yourself. If i ever get into a confrontation with someone and he flashes his concealed weapon i swear i am going to punch them in the face and dare them to shoot me." I have a feeling that attitude has gotten you in a bind now and again. Reread what you said here and think about that for a good long min.
My Best, BT

Old 08-30-2006, 01:18 PM

Thats my point. The guy wont shoot me. He'll carry a gun around but he wouldnt shoot me. So, why carry one? So he can feel like a big man? Useless and dangerous.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:20 PM

Answer me this. What do you feel is more dangerous... complying and letting the guy take your bike, or pointing your gun at a guy who is pointing one at you and your wife? I cant believe you put yourself and your wife in that situation. You need to count your lucky stars they had the sense to run away, because you obviously didnt.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip

Answer me this. What do you feel is more dangerous... complying and letting the guy take your bike, or pointing your gun at a guy who is pointing one at you and your wife? I cant believe you put yourself and your wife in that situation. You need to count your lucky stars they had the sense to run away, because you obviously didnt.
I will give you this one Flip. I can't (wont) debate this one any more. I can see where you are comming from. Maybe others will jump in here and we can get other views on the subject.
BT

Old 08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

there are times when bad people do bad things like robbing a store and still shooting the clerk .. why did they shoot the clerk after they already had the money so who knows. all i do know is sometimes its not about trying to be a bad *** its about prtection. one night coming back from the range with a friend of mine (6"7 350 lbs shaved head big *** dude) we decided to stop off @ this liquor store. well outside was a bunch of homless people and other sort of people (11pm night ) this guy starts to harash my friend and i am sitting in the truck with all the guns . when my friend tells the guy to back the **** away from him the guy decides to get threatening and pulls a sharp object out not to mention @ this time all his friends are around the front of the truck . we could easily have pulled the guns we had in the truck but luckily it didnt come to that . my friend is intimidating enough to look @ (although he did have his mace on him) and then the guys decided to leave us alone. later that night that same guy robbed a person down the street and stabbed him , just because he wouldnt give him any spare change. sometimes people will back down other times they wont its all just a roll of the dice. sometimes u win sometimes they win , just gotta hope that when you roll the dice you dont have to pay with your life.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:33 PM

Flip,

You are missing the obvious. The use of a firearm is only legally permissable under conditions that present an immediate threat of death, or serious bodily injury. This use of a firearm represents both the threatened use, and actual discharge. At a very minimum, the threatened use of a firearm is treated as threatening deadly physical force and requires a very high standard.

In this case, Backtalk didn't use his firearm to prevent a theft. He used it to PROTECT himself and his wife from another's use of unlaful deadly physical force. Remember, the "theif" had a firearm and intitiated the crime.

You are more than welcome to assume that a criminal will be satisfied with taking your property, and will leave you unharmed. Sadly, if you will read the news you will see far too often that people who are victims of armed assaults are often seriously injured or killed by the criminal. This statistic doesn't change when we look at those that resisted versus those that cooperated with their attacker. All you need to do is watch some of the "Worlds Scariest Video's/Police Chases" to see how often a armed robber will have his victims lying on the ground, and he shoots them in the back before fleeing. Some would rather just not have a live witness to testify against them.

You are ultimately responsible for your own wellbeing. If your choice of action is to do nothing, and place your life in the hands of someone who is a theif/mugger/murderer/rapist, and hope that they will "do the right thing", then that is your choice to make. If you believe that dialing 911 is always going to save you, then you should probably do some research. Many police agencies have been sued for failure to respond in time to prevent a criminal act, or save a victim. None of these claims have passed the Supreme Court. Why? Because our Supreme Court has determined that 911, and emergency response, does not protect an INDIVIDUAL, but the community as a whole. Therefore, there is no legal obligation for them to come to the aid of an individual, when they are already engaged in protecting/serving the society at large.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if you choose to defend yourself, or roll over at the sign of trouble. It's your life, not mine. However, your attacks and disparaging remarks against the firearm owning community is uncalled for.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:49 PM

I have had a permit to carry for a little over a year now. I carry a Kimber Eclipse .45 just on occasion, not all the time. I have never had to use it or even pull it out yet, and I hope to God I never have to. In response to those of you that said you don't carry because you are "hotheads," I commend you. I'm not a "hothead," but I'll admit I do have a bit of a temper. I've found that when I'm carrying a gun, it actually cools me down a lot quicker. If something starts to **** me off, the second I feel my blood rise, I calm down because I know I'm carrying. I've gotten into arguments with people when I'm not carrying, but I turn and walk away (meaning I won't even argue with a person) when I am carrying. In response to Flip, I'm not trying to "be a bad ***." I live in a rough neighborhood and I can't move because of things out of my control, so I like to have the handgun for self protection. Why should only the bad guys have guns?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:20 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/LastScan.jpg
Damn, you will need to blow this up.

Source:
Colorado StatutesHTTLE 18 CRIMINAL CODE/ARTICLE 1 PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO OFFENSES GENERALLY/PART 7 JUSTIFICATION AND EXEMPTIONS FROM CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY/18-1-704. Use of physical force in defense of a person.
18-1-704. Use of physical force in defense of a person.
(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by that other person, and he may use a degree offeree which he reasonably believes to be necessary for that purpose.
(2) Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a lesser degree of force is inadequate and:
(a) The actor has reasonable ground to believe, and does believe, that he or another person is in imminent danger of being killed or of receiving great bodily injury; or
(b) The other person is using or reasonably appears about to use physical force against an occupant of a dwelling or business establishment while committing or attempting to commit burglary as defined in sections 18-4-202 to 18-4-204; or
(c) The other person is committing or reasonably appears about to commit kidnapping as defined in section 18-3-301 or 18-3-302, robbery as defined in section 18-4-301 or 18-4-302, sexual assault as set forth in section 18-3-402. or in section 18-3-403 as it existed prior to July 1, 2000, or assault as defined in sections 11^202 and 18-3-203.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, a person is not justified hi using physical force if:
(a) With intent to cause bodily injury or death to another person, he provokes the use of unlawful physical force by that other person; or
(b) He is the initial aggressor; except that his use of physical force upon another person under the circumstances is justifiable if he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to the other person his intent to do so, but the latter nevertheless continues or threatens the use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat by agreement not specifically authorized by law.
Source: L. 71: R&RE, p. 409, ยง 1. C.R.S. 1963: ยง 40-1-804. L. 72: p. 274, ยง 1. L. 75: (2Xc) amended, p. 632, ยง 4, effective July 1. L. 79: (2)(c) amended, p. 726, ยง 1, effective July 1. L. 81: (2Xa) and (3)(a) amended, p. 981, ยง 3, effective May 13. L. 2000: (2)(c) amended, p. 703, ยง 27, effective July 1.
Cross references: For limitations on civil suits against persons using physical force in defense of a person or to prevent the commission of a felony, see ยง 13-80-119.
http://l 98.187.128.12/mbPrint/629c2acc.htm

Quick Reply: GUN DEBATE Please read before you jump in.