Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guardian Bell

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guardian Bell

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I have also heard that the bell is for fallen riders. Every time you clean your bike, you stop to polish that little bell, and take a moment while doing so to remember them, and its faint chime is a constant reminder of them while your on the road.
kinda like polishing the ships bell for fallen Sailors, etc.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:33 PM

I'm not superstitious at all but the group of people that I have ridden with since I got my bike is literally a big family. My buddy, his dad, his mom, his brother and his sisters b/f who is a good friend of mine all ride. When I first got my bike they gave me one and ever since I have given them to my friends when they first buy a bike. Just my way of welcoming them to the community.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

ORIGINAL: Luck Runs Out...

I think my screen name is very fitting for this thread. You guys can keep your trinkets; I'll rely on skill and common sense.
Watch out, big man on campus. No one is invincible (except mark wahlberg)

Steven Segal is the only one invincible.

But seriously... I'm not claiming to be some superhero on a bike; I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably in the bottom 25% of the skill level ladder here on this board. However, I'm a good rider in the sense that I'm riding outside my helmet, that I have my eyes moving, always scanning for the unexpected far enough in advance where it won't be a big deal to correct. I'm also a good rider in the sense that I have chicken strips that are about 1" wide, and that's because I know my abilities aren't up to the task of wearing them off yet. I know my personal limits and I ride accordingly and stay extremely aware of my surroundings. This can only go so far, and you can be the best rider in the world on the best bike with the best gear doing 15 MPH across an intersection, and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. However, skill and common sense will get you a hell of a lot futher than "white light insurance" and happy thoughts ever will.

BMOC? Yes, but only in the sense that I have nothing to prove.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM

I think my screen name is very fitting for this thread. You guys can keep your trinkets; I'll rely on skill and common sense.

But seriously... I'm not claiming to be some superhero on a bike; I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably in the bottom 25% of the skill level ladder here on this board. However, I'm a good rider in the sense that I'm riding outside my helmet, that I have my eyes moving, always scanning for the unexpected far enough in advance where it won't be a big deal to correct. I'm also a good rider in the sense that I have chicken strips that are about 1" wide, and that's because I know my abilities aren't up to the task of wearing them off yet. I know my personal limits and I ride accordingly and stay extremely aware of my surroundings. This can only go so far, and you can be the best rider in the world on the best bike with the best gear doing 15 MPH across an intersection, and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. However, skill and common sense will get you a hell of a lot futher than "white light insurance" and happy thoughts ever will.

Im glad you ride safely, and within your limits. If you paid attention to the thread. I asked if you carried anything "special" to you, and why. I never asked your skill level or reasons why you dont place anything sentimental to your
bike.

Also if you were paying attention, the bell is for mechanical issues, not to help you see an oncoming car in time.

And last people mentioned the bell was a "reminder that they have someone waiting at home"

It was nice to see you blab about your ego, and I really appreciate your input. Have a good day.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM

Im glad you ride safely, and within your limits. If you paid attention to the thread. I asked if you carried anything "special" to you, and why. I never asked your skill level or reasons why you dont place anything sentimental to your
bike.

Also if you were paying attention, the bell is for mechanical issues, not to help you see an oncoming car in time.

And last people mentioned the bell was a "reminder that they have someone waiting at home"

It was nice to see you blab about your ego, and I really appreciate your input. Have a good day.
Hey, no worries, man. It's what I'm here for. Let me know if you want me to talk about myself some more. Just ask me anything... anything at all... and I'll tell you how awesome- and safe- I am while I'm doing it. Scuba diving, fighting terrorists, alligator wrasslin', my guns, how much *** I kick at martial arts,or how humble I am while doing it all... you name it, I'll post it!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 PM

alligator wrasslin' sounds like something you'd love to build yourself up on... lets hear it![sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 10-14-2008, 12:32 AM

Hey, no worries, man. It's what I'm here for. Let me know if you want me to talk about myself some more. Just ask me anything... anything at all... and I'll tell you how awesome- and safe- I am while I'm doing it. Scuba diving, fighting terrorists, alligator wrasslin', my guns, how much *** I kick at martial arts,or how humble I am while doing it all... you name it, I'll post it!
HAHA. thats funny right there.. You may be self centered... but at least your funny. "how humble I am while doing it all"....lol.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

HAHA. thats funny right there.. You may be self centered... but at least your funny. "how humble I am while doing it all"....lol.

yea got to give it to the guy for being a little funny.