Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guardian Bell

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Guardian Bell

im NOT superstitious at all. but, my mom has hated bikes ever since i backed in the driveway and she saw it in my truck. after i struck a deer early this year, she bought me a little metal angel thats supposed to clip to your visor in your car. its an angel holding a banner that says "my sons guardian angel". she asked me to please keep it on my bike at all times. again, im not superstitious but i stuck it in the trunk of the F4i. a month later, i highsided wearing FULL gear into a guardrail and came out w/o a scratch or bruise. she asked......was it in the bike? yep!

if it makes her feel better, and a little more at ease.....then i'll let it stay right in the tail of the bike.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my mom gave me one, and then another, and then another....so I have 3...but one fell off, so now I have 2

Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Around here (north Texas), all the cruisers have the bells but very few sportbikes. I have a little Scooby Doo that someone gave me for luck, he rides in the trunk of the 954.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:14 PM

Potholes come from water seeping into cracks in the road and being frozen during winter months, then when cars ride over it multiple times, the pieces get dislodged

sounded sweet though, almost made me teary eyed.

Actually never heard of these, Might get some of my friends one. Not a bad reminder to be careful, I need it I sure know that.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

as WhiteDealershipRice said, we aren't supersticious at all (we are twin brothers), but its a nice reminder to always be carefull. You normally don't hear it while riding specially on the rear spool. It is also a good gift for a fellow rider since its a gift that is motorcycle related and says you care wether or not they get back safely.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM

I have also heard that the bell is for fallen riders. Every time you clean your bike, you stop to polish that little bell, and take a moment while doing so to remember them, and its faint chime is a constant reminder of them while your on the road.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 PM

A good friend of mine gave me a bell. I thought it was funny at first then my rectifier went out. So I hung it where the rear portion of the frame connects to the main frame up front. I have had no problems since except going down but that is another story.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:03 PM

I think my screen name is very fitting for this thread. You guys can keep your trinkets; I'll rely on skill and common sense.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Luck Runs Out...

I think my screen name is very fitting for this thread. You guys can keep your trinkets; I'll rely on skill and common sense.
Watch out, big man on campus. No one is invincible (except mark wahlberg)

Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

inside my ICON jacket in the breast pocket is a medal. ST. christopher "the patron saint of travelers"

i have dream catchers above my bed and a mirror over my door.

i say i love you to my parents anytime i say bye ... i let the people in my life know exactly what they mean to me and i always hang up my clothes ,make my bed and take out my trash before i leave for the day so if something happens my loved ones wont have to do it .

Quick Reply: Guardian Bell