Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Great night!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great night!

Had a great night last night. After looking around for a new riding jacket the last few days I went to my dealer last night and picked up a Joe Rocket Pheonix 4.0 jacket. Its a really nice jacket, completely vented with a removable waterproof liner and a Visor pocket on the inside! And he gave me a nice discount. While I was there I asked if the recieved an order of the smoked face shields for my helmet, After looking at how dark it was I picked one of them while I was there! Then I met my wife in town, and I got a new cell phone since mine is a piece of junk, finally stepped up and got a new picture phone, which she paid forThen to top it all off she bought me Dinner on the way home! WooHoo! Only thing that could have made it better was if I got to order my tires last night but I am gonna do that this afternoon! Thanks, Just wanted to share my good fortune!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Default RE: Great night!

Sounds like a great night, maybe your wife could talk to my wife. hahaha

Old 06-21-2007, 11:02 AM

Congrats on the great night and I'm sure you'll love your coat. if I may ask, what sort of deal did you get?

I just got a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 a week ago. I really like the coat when it's like 50 or 60 out and I have the liner installed. When it warms up, the liner is sticky as it doesn'tseem to breathe at alland if I take it out, the damn sleeves are too loose and it feels like the elbow padding won't help one bit if I fall. I found someone with a similar jacket one size down and no liner that I am going to use on the hot days and I'll save the larger size for colder days.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:50 AM

I got the jacket for 140 out the door. They had it tagged for 165.00. $134 is the cheapest I have found on the internet but you have to add shipping and I was worried about te size and not being able to try it on before buying it. I got the XL size, I am a fairly big guy and with the liner in the jacket feels a little small but you want a fairly close fit. I take the liner out and it fits perfect, feels great. My elbow gaurds feel a little funny when I am not on the bike, but once I get on the bike everything feels like its where its supposed to be! My sleeves have adjustments on them, yours should as well, they have snaps on the elbows and well as at the wrist. You may try looking and try to adjust the sleeves!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Yea, I know all about the snaps and arm elastic. I had to get the bigger size because of my shoulders and waist. (with the liner installed) I found out what size I needed by visiting a local place who had a size I thought I was looking for. That size didn't feel quite right and they didn't have the bigger size there,so I bought a larger size on eBay for a significant savings. (I just purchased the smaller size minus the rain liner for cheap and the two put together cost whatthe local guy wanted for one jacket.)

Old 06-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Great, hope you like it as much as I like mine! At least so far I like it anyway! just curious what did you end up paying for yours?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM

I bought a 3xl black for $100 including shipping and I just paid for a blue 2xl without the liner for $65 including shipping. The black was new and I think the blue one is supposed to be new as well.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM

Good deal!