Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Late Night Fun Abruptly Ended, great ending!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late Night Fun Abruptly Ended, great ending!

So I get off work where I am a bicycle mechanic at roughly 10pm in tempe, az. I know most of you guys are out in the midwest, or any other part of the world with seasons and Im already seeing posts from guys having to garage their babies. It was a cool 69 degrees when I got off work and I was itching to get on my 98 f3 all shift. I've only had it a week and it is also my first bike, so I'm sure anyone can relate to the giddiness I currently suffer from. But back to the story, if any of you know arizona, phoenix and its surroundings cities mostly, you know its a giant grid, stretches in all direction, but littered with intersections that equate to a game of russian roullete during any traffic hour on a bike. But after 10pm tempe seems to quiet down and the main roads have green light after green light. so I come out of work and fly down a road the the street that takes me to my place about 2 miles away. Do the good ole head swivel and check for any lightbars or police looking vehicles and open her up. get to a light 1/2 mile down the road and realize I'm the only one on this usually busy street at the moment, it was a gift from god i figured for all my "hard" work that evening. Light goes green, pull a nice little wheelie, set her down and fly up to about 90 in no time flat. unfortunately theres a school zone near my place so I back down to the speed limit and turn right into my neighborhood. I turn around and theres a lightless shadow that instantly turns my pants brown. Lightbar on a 07 charger. (yes the cops here have chargers) i dont know where he came from but I figured i was done for, permit was gonna get revoked and a huge ticket was gonna also sit on my wallet. I pull over, he does the same,even tho he hadn't stopped me. lights go on an i gulp. I figured maybe a sign of good faith might get me off the hook here. Officer gets out of the car,I give the officer my permit papers and he checks them out. without a skip, the aussie born officer says, 1 week in and you're workin that bike pretty decent, I run an F3 myself! So we shoot the **** about bikes for a while, he gives me a warning and asks me to be a good little rider from here on out. I got home and woke my roomies up just to tell someone my good fortunes!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 AM
Default RE: Late Night Fun Abruptly Ended, great ending!

Nice... you got lucky!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 AM

It pays to be nice when you make a mistake.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:55 AM

you were def. fortunate , glad your enjoying the bike and be careful

Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 PM

So you can ride alone with only a permit there? Here and everywhere else I know you gotta havesomeone 21+ and MC endorsed with you.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 PM

^by "with you" do you mean on the back? if so thats the worst law i have ever heard of.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:20 AM

we have the same law here in texas .. and know there just has to be someone 21+ riding on there bike around you

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

^by "with you" do you mean on the back? if so thats the worst law i have ever heard of.
Well I'm sure thats acceptable too but seeing how I'm not a flaming fruitcake pole smoker, I meant on another bike riding beside you. Which is a terrible law because all of my friends ride so aggressively that I would have been much better off trying to learn on my own.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:36 PM

That is wierd that they would have you ride with a more experienced rider to start off. Chances are you would push yourself above your limits with more experienced riders just to keep up. In IN, you have to wear a helmet, "there is no helmet law if you have your endorsement," no passangers, and hasto be day lightif you have a permit.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Rubicon on 38s

So you can ride alone with only a permit there? Here and everywhere else I know you gotta havesomeone 21+ and MC endorsed with you.
here in nc you can also ride alone with permit only restriction is no passengers,,permit good for 18 months

Quick Reply: Late Night Fun Abruptly Ended, great ending!