Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Grand Theft Auto IV

i think the game is great. took a little bit to get used to. driving is a lot more simulated. everything is made to be real. i learned that you should not dive out of the car into oncoming traffic, you will die. lol. I too went through the windshield. My gf had to pull me away...its just so amazing playing it on a 42" LCD in HD!

Not everyone will like the game. But ive been a fan since the VERY FIRST gta where is was just a areial(sp?) view of everything. even when the gta london version came out. its been great ever since!

so who wants to bet how long it will take for society to blame this game for their children's actions? lol

Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 AM

I wont be surprised if they try and get it pulled from stores, then everyone tries selling their current copies on eBay for like $500 bucks lmao.

I want to play it now! =[

Old 05-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

when we were standing in line waiting, the cops pulled up to tell the dj to turn the music down and we started joking about stealing the police car and when we got caught blaming it on the video game

we werent serious but the cop looked @ us hella crazy eyed when he heard us say it though .. all in all a good night

Old 05-01-2008, 01:40 AM

Well, about 5-6 hours on the game, and I've already done everything that one dude touched on. Have an SMG, wicked a$$ shotgun I picked up at the strip club (which I went to by finding it on the map that came with the game BEFORE Roman asked me to go) and the pistol. I have like 330 rounds for the shotgun and like 700+ for the pistol. Enjoying the game very much. Spent all yesterday evening playing it, when I should have been sleeping because I work 3rd shift. All in all, not a bad game. I'll prolly sell it though after beating the single player, unless I decide to get Xbox Live and play Halo 3 and COD4 all the time

Add me to the list of cool people with Xbox 360 Got the one with the HDMI port, the latest one that supposedly has the RROD fixed. No problems yet.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 AM

Why did they call it GrandTheft Auto IV? Arent there more then 4 games?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

Why did they call it GrandTheft Auto IV? Arent there more then 4 games?
Yes, but when rockstar feels that their game has truly taken the next step technologically speaking, they raise the number. GTA III was followed by vice city and san andreas - but all ran on the same engine (so similar graphics and gameplay)

gta IV is the next gen and is obviously quite a few knotches above the rest.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Wants a CBR

I played it ealier today and it was cool, but nothing special. I liked how when you ran over people they went flying. But the gameplay itself wasn't that good, the controls were stupid and crashing into something and sending me through the windshield killing me wasn't cool. Driving was pretty weak, hard to control the car.
Overall, I'm dissapointed.
like i said before, it takes along time to get used to controlling the camera, and especially driving. its also kind of hard to walk in small spaces (like going upstairs to ur apt.) but after a few hours u get more used to it and its alot better. i think the gameplay itself is the best part about it. especially how real the physics are (except with how far the cars lean when turning) but if u just bump into someone with a car it kinda pushes their leg out of the way and they hobble on one leg, i believe the physics in that are amazing. also how real the damage to the cars are now. if u crash a certain part of the car, that part bends/breaks. it doesnt just have a default way of making the car look, depending on the impact, like the last ones. if u shoot ur door 3 times... there is 3 bullet holes in that door. its awesome i think.

one frustrating thing is when ur coming around a corner and cant see very well, and accidentally tap a cop u have a star and have to lose it... idk how many times ive done this on dates/missions. haha

Old 05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This story was originally posted on Digg (original site was down so this is a copy on Digg) about how a wife ruined GTA 4 for this guy:

http://digg.com/xbox/How_My_Wife_Rui...3864#c15088556

Old 05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woo545

This story was originally posted on Digg (original site was down so this is a copy on Digg) about how a wife ruined GTA 4 for this guy:

http://digg.com/xbox/How_My_Wife_Rui...3864#c15088556

OMG this absolutely SLAYED me

Old 05-07-2008, 05:03 PM
VP

I'm surprised there haven't been more photoshops with a "GTA: Intravenous" theme.

Here's my stab at a stupidly easy one.

Name:  gtaiv-1.gif
Views: 6
Size:  33.5 KB

Quick Reply: Grand Theft Auto IV