Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Grand Theft Auto IV

I didn't like playing San Andreas on the PS2 but enjoyed it on the PC. I'll just wait the year for it to be ported.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

bought this last night , played for an hour ... now its on craigslist... just didn't lke it
i think u should give any game more than an hour.
most of the best games are way different than the games that preceeded them, therefore it takes more time to get the feel of how to play them. i almost did this with Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. i loved the first one, but had been playing COD4 for the previos six months, so when RB6 came out, i wasnt used to its style and hated it for the first few days, i was gonna take it back but gave it some more time, and now i remember why i loved the first one.

i didnt really like the camera view and how it doesnt stay behind the car either, and controlling the cam is very hard, and really got on my nerves, but i played about 2 hours last night and im getting hte feel of it and im loving the game, just like all the others.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM

You guys suck, I don't get mine for another hour or so, and then I am supposed to come back to work. BOO!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 AM

Any other reviews on this? Or is everybody busy playing?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM

this game pwns...i was playing as soon as i got home from work last night at 5, till 2 in the morning

Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

this game pwns...i was playing as soon as i got home from work last night at 5, till 2 in the morning
+1 - I don't feel the need to do an elaborate write-up of my experiences so far due to possible spoilers / reviews all over the internet, but I think this game is truly amazing and I can't WAIT to spend many many MANY more hours stealing cars, calling hookers, killing hookers, killing cops, doing wheelies, playing pool, playing darts, bowling, driving over people in a hummer, smasing through things in a semi, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I'm HUGE into games, never really into the gta series, but this game is extremly impressive. It is a little slow at first due to lack of weapons, fast cars, etc - but it gets REAL good and I can hope it only gets better...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM

So I guess Im going to trade in SKATE and Army of Two for GTA-IV.
Any objections?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM

I'm sitting at work wishing I was home playing. I played for about 3 hours last night and I love the game so far. It will take a while to get use to the controls and camera angles, but the detail included into this game is fantastic. I'm with kiker14 though (a little slow at first), after 3 hours of playing I still do not have any weapons. I guess if I stole a police car I might get a shotgun, I'll have to try that out.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 AM

Can't wait to get it!!! I'm siked I have all of the other ones best series ever if you ask me, right up there with halo and cod

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM

/\/\ Agreed. This game rocks. It has all the unique touches a GTA installment should have with a more realistic physics engine behind it all. Anyone else gone head first through the windshield yet?

Quick Reply: Grand Theft Auto IV