Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got a ticket today :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a ticket today :(

hey guys. so im riding down a 4 lane road and stop on a red light with two other bikers on my sides. the light turns green and they take off faster than me.. after few seconds, after getting up on speed i notice 2 motorcycle cops and little that i know i get pulled over. the two guys that were ahead of me were not bothered. the officer tells me the speed limit (35mph) and shows me my apparent speed which was allegedly 52mph. i was hoping for a bit of leniency from the cop and showed him my military ID, but that did not help much. instead of being lenient he decided to have a kind convo with me about the military (wtf!). so this totally messed up my day. does any one of you know what I should do? should I fight it and claim his gun was not calibrated properly? i honestly do not think i was doing 50mph. how much do you guys think it will cost me? .......................damn!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 AM

you could contest the ticket and claim your gearing wasnt right therefore your speedometer was off. Is this your first offence? If so after you contest, tell the judge that this is your first offence and you will be glad to do some sort of class or retraining of some type maybe comunity service hours instead of paying the ticket, also the judge and the officer are the only two ppl that can throw the ticket out. You could also try explaining your self to the officer, just make sure you keep your bearing and show him respect. If the ticket gets thrown out you will just have to pay court fees. By the way, are you active or reserve? trying to keep this under the radar will keepyou from getting a negative counsoling statment and doing some stupid class for your co. as well as explaining to your first sargent and commander what happend. hope this helps!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:07 AM

btw what branch are you and where u located

Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
you could contest the ticket and claim your gearing wasnt right therefore your speedometer was off. Is this your first offence? If so after you contest, tell the judge that this is your first offence and you will be glad to do some sort of class or retraining of some type maybe comunity service hours instead of paying the ticket, also the judge and the officer are the only two ppl that can throw the ticket out. You could also try explaining your self to the officer, just make sure you keep your bearing and show him respect. If the ticket gets thrown out you will just have to pay court fees. By the way, are you active or reserve? trying to keep this under the radar will keepyou from getting a negative counsoling statment and doing some stupid class for your co. as well as explaining to your first sargent and commander what happend. hope this helps!
yes this is my first speeding offense on my motorcycle. i did 4.5 years in active, and now im in reserve until september of this year.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
btw what branch are you and where u located
us navy, and i was stationed in nas lemoore.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pay it n move on!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
pay it n move on!!!
lol what other options do you think i have? you are one funny guy.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbison83
lol what other options do you think i have? you are one funny guy.
IMO that is the only option, tho you may not have being going as fast as you were clocked, I feel you prolly was still speeding tho just my opinion tho.

And thanks for you service, I am former Army myself

Old 01-09-2010, 01:32 AM

well with reserve it pretty much doesnt matter. you dont have to report it.... so for speeding the process up, id jut pay it and take a class if offerd to keep insuarnce down..

Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
IMO that is the only option, tho you may not have being going as fast as you were clocked, I feel you prolly was still speeding tho just my opinion tho.

And thanks for you service, I am former Army myself
yes, honestly i was speeding, going over 40 for sure. however, im sure that a couple of miles less would save me a big buck. dont you think? thank you for kind words. i respect my fellow servicemen.

Quick Reply: got a ticket today :(